Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really loved my test drive in a 2.2d but have a few questions before I buy.

I understand the Kia customer discount of £1500 ends Sept 30th,
but whilst I will gain financially by ordering before then, will I be losing out in another way because it is clearance of old stock with a model upgrade imminent? Does anyone know the why's and wherefore's of this discount?

Has the 2011 been subject to any recalls and if so how does it work, do they fix existing stock before it goes out or do they wait until a recall fault shows and fix it under warranty? I've not bought new before.

Any main issues showing up from buyers so far?

I would guess the discount makes it harder to bargain at a dealer, but I have seen the KX-2 automatic for sale at a reputable online outlet for approx £800 less than the list price - £1500. What price could I realistically aim for at a dealer?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So.....can I take it that nobody here knows:
How recalls work?
What problems (if any) the Sorento is prone too?
How to bargain for a new car?
What the difference (if any - save for price)in purchasing will be after Sept 30th.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Ok! I'll put my head above the parapet!!

The only recall I'm aware of is for the KX-3 mood lighting that had a risk of fire.

Not sure of any discount, but as you obviously use the internet - search - google - or what ever!!!

I don't think there is any imminent danger of a model change as the KX series only came out last year (2010).

The only issue I have had, is I am finding it difficult to get the smile off of my face when I drive mine. The cars are good honest value for money, and even though mine was bought when it was 1 year old, I had the 7 year warranty rolled back to the beginning.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol
It did put a smile on both our faces when we had a test drive.

Thanks very much for replying! I thought I was going to be left high and dry.
As far as I can google - which I have been doing more of since first posting here - the discount involves Kia reducing the amount of vat included in the final price.

Guess I've taught myself how to bargain along the way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bought a new Sorento in Nov 2010 and the paint is rubbish. Trying to claim under Warranty but not looking as if Kia will do anything. Even a few hours with bird poo and the paint is marked, in many places right through to the metal. Going to cost several thousand to fix unless Kia take responsibity for what has to be the worst quality paint I have ever come across. I wont buy Kia again and this is my third Sorento. Buy the old shape, thats my advice as they were bullet proof.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts