Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following a number of occasions when my engine has died when under even moderate load I'm going to replace the fuel filter, as advised on several forums. My car's done 54000 miles. I cleaned the fuel pickup mesh (under the passenger seat hatch) a couple of weeks ago, to no avail.

Preparing to do the work at the weekend I've already bought a genuine Kia canister fuel filter and have been searching on advise about replacing the filter...and found conflicting information. Some resources say the filter is in the fuel tank, accessible through the passenger seat hatch, while others say it's in the engine compartment. I can't imagine the large canister is in the tank. Is it in the fuel 'trap' on the right of the engine block? Just looking for a pointer before tackling the wrong end of the car in freezing temperatures this weekend!

Thanks.

·
Registered
887 Posts
It's under the bonnet, on passenger side, I usually do them from underneath, large canister simply screws on to housing, bound to be tight, swap them over, then undo 10mm bleed bolt on top of housing and manually pump until nice fresh diesel comes out instead of bubbly diesel, tighten up screw and it should fire up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Andy, i've been having simular probs with my xt,changed the fuel filter today, took about ten minutes to change, eazy peazy fingers crossed problem solved.

Ian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts