Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i have an 08 Sorento third one i have owned and have owned them since they were launched, and whilst they arent the best car in the world up to now been very pleased with them, my niggle has always been the dealerships behind them..

I tow a caravanwith this car ona regular basis and use the cruise control on motorways at a steady 60mph. Up until recently no problems however when i try and use it now the cruise will set but then knocks itself out after about a minute or so. My localkindergarten (sorry dealership) have checked it out and i have the typical stock answer which is "couldnt find a fault with it sir" They spoke direct with Kia who say the cruise isnt designed to be used when towing as the gearbox oil will overheat and then cuts out the cruise, if that the case says i then how come its worked for the past 11 months, You have just been luck sir!!!

Anyone else experienced this or is experiencing this and if so any joy in getting it sorted.

Thanks

Keith

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sounds like complete twadle to me, there's no reason that i can think of why g/box would get any hotter on cruise than without............Kia technical give some rediculous answers at times.
Hope you get it sorted. ATB, jamie.

·
Registered
2 Posts
had this problem on mine when the car was new .dealer said it had a faulty brake switch which they changed.been ok since.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Complete and utter twaddle oils will certanly get hotter while towing but thats what the sorento is designed for so assuming that your caravan is less than 3 tons all should be fine cruise control should not be affected. This will be the KIA sales prevention department at work againwhat is it with thedealerships???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts