Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys sorento will not rev past 3000.
Kia diagnosis said p0101. Mass or volume air flow "A" circuit range/ Performance.

I have a multi meter.
My wiring colours are as follows.
Pin 1 blue
Pin 2 brown
Pin 3 red
Pin 4 yellow
Pin 5 white
Any clues how to test?
Also if there is a fuse controlling it where I the fuse box is it.
No engine management light coming on.
Car drives OK no issues. Just no power. Feels like a rev limiter or governor kicking in. Very annoying as the car is great other than this issue.
Car has had new intercooler radiator.
Oh electric aerial doesn't work properly lol.
Any help would be good.
Thanks.

·
Registered
'05 Sorento xse auto
822 Posts
The 'Mass Airflow Sensor' is located just after the air filter housing and may just need cleaning..you can get proper spray or use electrical contact spray cleaner?..but nothing that could leave a residue as it's delicate?

·
Registered
'05 Sorento xse auto
822 Posts
It basically measures the air temperature and also the air flow via a small electrical current which is sent to the ECU and determines the fuel flow to the injectors...worth giving it a clean first (the two screws may be tamper proof but you should be able to remove them).....if it makes no difference when unplugged then it's faulty....the ECU will have a base map or values preset that it expects to see..the mass airflow sensor 'fine tunes them'....a new on is that expensive;

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi guys sorento will not rev past 3000.
Kia diagnosis said p0101. Mass or volume air flow "A" circuit range/ Performance.

I have a multi meter.
My wiring colours are as follows.
Pin 1 blue
Pin 2 brown
Pin 3 red
Pin 4 yellow
Pin 5 white
Any clues how to test?
Also if there is a fuse controlling it where I the fuse box is it.
No engine management light coming on.
Car drives OK no issues. Just no power. Feels like a rev limiter or governor kicking in. Very annoying as the car is great other than this issue.
Car has had new intercooler radiator.
Oh electric aerial doesn't work properly lol.
Any help would be good.
Thanks.
I had the same problem last year it turned out to be a partialy blocked fuel gauge sender unit filter just take out the fuel sender unit located under the rear seat drivers side it might be that

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had the same problem last year it turned out to be a partialy blocked fuel gauge sender unit filter just take out the fuel sender unit located under the rear seat drivers side it might be that
Hi mate, thanks for the reply. I did look at the sender unit when this first happened, all appeared OK, but will check as per your recommendation. Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts