Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 06 Sorento Auto Dieselhas broken down 3 times in the last 2 weeks, it seems to happen when i accelerate harder than normal, twice when accelerating to join a motorway and once when crossing a busy main road. The engine cuts out and luckily i have been able to coast to safety, all the electrics are fine, i try to restart and it does after 6 or so goes with no further problems on that journey. Yesterday on a 250 mile trip it broke down and i shut everything down pressed the Key fob to lock and unlock and it started first time on trying. Have returned today on 250 mile trip and no problems, i tempted fate accelerating hard a few times and all was fine.

Has any one any ideas, i first though it might be fuel as the first time ever i used Total fuel instead of my usual Shell/ Texacoor BP, have since filled up on Shell but it still cut out yesterday.

Thanks
Woody

·
Registered
93 Posts
This sounds like the same problem that I have had on my 2004 sorrento.
It only seems to happen in the winter months never in the summer and always resets by locking/unlocking with the key I had thoughtit was linked to an air/fuel sensor but because It will not repeat makes it very difficult to diagnose...

However read my post on http://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=892gearbox failure - I dont think it is linked to the cutting out as it did not happen on the day of major failure, but just in case get your drive train checked out

My car has only just been repatriated to the uk last Tuesday and I am stil waiting to hear the repair estimate cost - Good Luck Martin
Edited by: UncleMart

·
Registered
93 Posts
My car is back now all fixed and driving nicely again -
However my local indie did have the cutting out problem when they test drove it nothing showed on the diagnostic but they said the existing fuel filter was not a genuine KIA part this has now been replaced and all seems good so far so good advice from murphwiz by the looks of it.

Edited by: UncleMart

·
Registered
144 Posts
If its only in the winter, could the fuel be starting to freeze? Didnt think we had it cold enough to suffer from that but.......

·
Registered
662 Posts
kia revised the inners of their fuel filters as they had some that were cavatating the fuel this would cause the car to cut out at low speeds or loose power up the rev range never fit after market filters we see so many problems caused by non genuine filters

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All thanks for your advice, have replaced fuel filter and given it a few weeks of mixed motoring all seems OK, Woody.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Good news Woody - mine also has been running great since I got it back from repair -and with the worst snow in many yearsin this area the Sorento is proving to be a class act

·
Registered
6 Posts
I need help, having just joined this forum, I have been reading the reply's you have posted and was wondering if you could shed some light on my problem with my xs, all my indicators are on, (not flashing ) and then my remote won't open the door anymore...could this be a relay,, it did it about a week ago, any help would be very greatfullregards
rich

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Woody
Ive had the same problems as you, 7 times. Mine is a 55 plate, been into the garage and told that the lining on the fuel tank is coming away. This inturn is blocking the filter located under rear pasanger seat in the fuel tank. You will need a philips screw driver and a 8mm socket to remove it from the tank. Give it a good clean and replace the fuel filter in the engine bay. This will stop the problem for a couple of years!!! My garage wanted £1100 to replace the tank. This is a common problem!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts