Kia Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your Kia Sorento PHEV 4 alarm is driving you nuts - just follow my advice: Buy a Faraday pouch (£3.00) and keep the key in it once you have locked the car, But make sure the "head" of the key is at the bottom of the pouch and that the pouch flap is folded over - all sealed.

I had the infuriating random alarm from September 2021 to January 2022 with numerous complaints to the dealer (who agreed to replace the internal alarm sensor unit (free of charge) but said "we doubt this will do the trick, they were right - and complaints to Kia UK, all said "Kia were working on a fix (ha)". So I worked out that random RF interference was setting off the alarm. Bought a Faraday bag to protect the key and Bingo. I now hear Kia are tacitly suggesting to customers that "you may find a Faraday bag is "useful". Otherwise the car is excellent in every way.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sorry, but that doesn't work.

I've kept all ours in a separate Faraday pouch, Sorento, Stonic and the Ceed, even the spares have their own pouch and I can say that this does not solve the problem of the alarm going off spuriously.

I cannot believe Kia would even think this would work?

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts
I'm locking this thread as there is already a 8 page thread on this subject.
Which other users have said it has not worked for them.
Glad it's worked for you. (y) But given others still have the issue it is not a solved issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.