Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ,
Finally took my Sorento out for a drive on my own.
Its 56 reg with 80000miles, some S/H. Drove really well, however...
Noise from i think propshafts was quite loud compared to other cars i've driven. No crunching or vibrations of any sort , just a bit loud...
Are they like ths anyway. I appreciate its not new and its a big old lump of thing....
Other than that really nice and very pleased. Cant wait for better weather to start having a good look around and underneath.
Found out so much already just by reading forums, people on here know thier stuff ( unlike me !!)

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Should not be noisy. Suggest you give them a grease with grease gun. Nipples on front shaft a bit awkward to get at and tend not to get greased thus they fail. If you can't get grease gun on may find it easier to remove the shaft to grease it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thnaks very much for reply.
Just seemed louder than i am used to, but drove really nice on the Cruise
Off to garage in nxt few days for that and new oil for transfer box.
Thankfully no bangs underneath even on full locks which fingers crossed means it might be ok (more info i found out on here)
Then its on to the TOD MOD that i have read so much about on here !!!
Bought it to tow a caravan ...had every holiday cancelled for last year, fed up...so in for a penny....never towed either !!! big learning curves ahead !!
Thanks again

·
Registered
582 Posts
The mk1 is well known for it's towing ability and especially the auto works well...you should really be very careful towing a caravan if you haven't done so before..planning and preparation are essential.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are right ..
Lots of study beforehand an some practice...They used to do towing courses pre lockdown.....back in the day ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts