Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Wondering if anyone has had the same issue. When it rains, water is leaking into the rear of my Sorento. The roof lining at the back drivers side gets very wet and the water runs out of the very rear (or the back back as the kids call it) seatbelt mounting. I can't figure out if its where the roof rails are attached, or if it s the sunroof. (I've got the opening suroof at the front and fixed glass in the roof at the back).

Its doing my head in, as I can't work out how to stop it.

Thanks in advance

Garry

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
roof mounted antenna could be a possible culprit.
seal around it with bathroom silicone or similar just to test if you want to remove it to fix it properly later.
Otherwise some marine sealant around the interface may safe you having to access the retaining screws above the roof lining.

·
Registered
Santa Fe auto Sorento auto gone. Picanto & i10
5,232 Posts
First point to check is the sun roof drain tubes are not blocked up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
roof mounted antenna could be a possible culprit.
seal around it with bathroom silicone or similar just to test if you want to remove it to fix it properly later.
Otherwise some marine sealant around the interface may safe you having to access the retaining screws above the roof lining.
Hadn't considered the antenna....but looking at it, its not wet around the area where its mounted. Which is probably why I didn't consider it. I'll have another look at it though incase the water is just running down the cable and appearing in a different place. Thanks for the thought!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First point to check is the sun roof drain tubes are not blocked up.
I was led to believe that the blocked drains would cause water to show up in the front rather than the rear of the car, however, its worth checking them. Are there drains at the back of the sunroof as well as the front? Its very strange as the wetness starts right where the roof rail mounts to the roof....but I'd heard someone say that they dont penetrate the roof, so it made me question it. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe that roof mounted antenna kables on Kias are typicly routed towards the rear RH side of the roof.
You could check the parts diagram at partsouq.com
Thats a brilliant website...I never knew it existed. You are right, the cable goes exactly where the roof lining is getting wet. You might well be on to something! I looked at the roof rail diagrams too, and it looks like the bolt goes through the roof, so it could be either. Gives me something to look at though, so thank you for your help...much appreciated!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.