Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from a new to this site Kia Sorento owner. Have the following problem. Hope someone else has the answer. Car (CDSXi auto)performed well. Switched off. Left two days. Would not open doors on remote. Found car battery flat.remote battery ok, Put charger on car battery. Heated front window starts flashing in time with seat belt warning. Any ideas? Have disconnected car battery whilst it is charged and want to investigate.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Zoo
. Sounds like there is a wire or component shorting or staying on after leaving vehicle and causing the battery drain. I'm not a car spark but if it were me I would attach an ammeter to the positive on the battery and disconnect the front screen heater for a start with the ignition off and see if there is any difference in the reading on the ammeter. If not you may need to try disconnecting other circuits and components to find it.
If you cant be a*sed take it to an auto spark or contact your local friendly Kia dealer

·
Registered
4 Posts
had the same problem this sounds stupid but make shore all the doors are closed properly especially to the boot lid make sure its properly closed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts