Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years of expensive, but generally reliable Land Rover ownership, we have taken the plunge and ordered a new 1.7 CRDi 3 in Gunmetal grey.

First and second impressions are what great cars Kia are building now - wouldn't have even considered one a few years ago - and a 7 year warranty - wow! If they're that confident I'll have some of that!

Only drawback is a wait until mid-May. And I will miss our Freelander - one of a kind and hits the pages of Ebay as soon as I get a delivery date (if anyone here wants a second car!)

Neverrealizedthere is an active - and comprehensive Kia owners forum. All looks good and can't wait to get going.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
My previous three vehicles have been Land Rover Discoverys, one series II td5 and then two D3's. After a series of problems with my last one which I had from new I decided when it was 2.5 years old that it was either keep it and expect some hefty bills or spend an awful lot of money replacing it with another.
When my wife and I saw the Sportage it was love at first sight and I managed to get my hands on a new First Edition, one of only about 550 that came into the country as the front runners for the range.
Like you I would never have considered a Kia a few years ago but After 18 months of ownership I am still very happy with it and only miss the load lugging capacity of the Discovery. I still have a Defender as I am a died in the wool Land Rover addict but could no longer put up with the high cost of ownership of the Disco.
I hope you will be as happy with yours - enjoy when it arrives - it will be worth the wait!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.