Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting in the car at the local retail park earlier when this chap tapped on the window. It was chucking it down and got the cab wet as he asked me to tell him all about the car - wouldn't have minded but he wasn't even Welsh............

·
Registered
71 Posts
People are that friendly round here so ive not had any one ask about the car. Although the team at work are looking forward to a ride in it on Friday when we go to the chinese for christmas lunch.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Are you having a chocolate dessert ?
I like chinese ,our christmas lunch was last week in all the snow and it got cancelled if there is any spare can I have the left overs.

Talking about the snow , some of the neighbours were stuck half way up the hill on Thursday, they just cannot drive in the snow, it was the first day since all the snow came down that I had taken out the soul.I just put it in 2nd and chugged past them with no problems at all, it's ok for some was the comment we have not got 4wd like you. I explained that the soul was only two wheel drive but I don't think they believed me.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i got a lot of the "are you sure its two wheel drive"..... having just crawled past all the other stranded cars...lol

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i think its comical that some peoples idea of driving in snow is to literally floor the accelerator and let the tyres chew thru the ice!!!!..... a supposedly very intelligent solicitor friend of mine burnt his clutch out in a 150 yard stretch of slippy country lane last year.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dave R said:
Are you having a chocolate dessert ?
I like chinese ,our christmas lunch was last week in all the snow and it got cancelled if there is any spare can I have the left overs.

Talking about the snow , some of the neighbours were stuck half way up the hill on Thursday, they just cannot drive in the snow, it was the first day since all the snow came down that I had taken out the soul.I just put it in 2nd and chugged past them with no problems at all, it's ok for some was the comment we have not got 4wd like you. I explained that the soul was only two wheel drive but I don't think they believed me.

Dave, its an all you can eat buffet so there will plenty left for you.
Unfortunately we will only be having the main, got to eat as much as we can in an hour lol.

·
Registered
70 Posts
We used to get that when we had one of the first Renault Modus when it came out in Nov 2004. Please kept asking us about the car.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
The christmas dinner at work is now on a Monday and nobody really wants to go,Friday was the first choice with all weekend to get over it. This snow is getting anoying now and it's time it went.

·
Registered
111 Posts
christmas bash on a monday nite! bet there arent many takers for that one! can you imagine the sickies being pulled the next day ,i used to go to a niteclub in my hometown on a monday when i was younger(much)and it was terrible trying to stay awake , concentrate and hold down my breakfast the next day at work ! happy days !!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
when i was an apprentice (many many years ago).... i was that pissed at the christmas do that i got into a fight with the managing director...... god only knows how i kept that job!!!.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Whats a work xmas party????....we are not getting on this year

·
Registered
543 Posts
Tell me about it !! Go out clubbing nearly every night in Bournemouth and the next mornings are always bad !! In my world lol there's no cure for next day can't beat the

·
Registered
111 Posts
our old xmas bash was called the "bunfight" for obvious reasons ! it was a circus , the whole night would end with the raffle which if i remember rightly usually was a number of prizes of booze which got promptly quaffed and made the whole night even more of an incendiary affair,now like most of our emerald isles working populace we no longer have one due to a severe lack of interest .

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looking forward to ours on Friday, free bar
. We never had one year before last but last year i was faaaaar to drunk.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts