Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY12 Venga will have the 1.6crdi engine in the 3 grade and 3 sat nav grade
The 1.4 seems to have improved as ISG is being removed due to it meeting emission regs without it. Maybe too late for 1.4 crdi owners but maybe a chance to upgrade....

·
Registered
157 Posts
Have to agree with Davy, I had 3 different Kias and the 1.5 crdi was the best power unit by far. If something has a proven track record why bin it, with a few minor software updates it could have met all current expectations. IMO.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
They could have had the 1.1 CRDi for the green party owners and instead of the sometimes troublesome 1.4CRDI used the 1.5CRDI which has been proven to be a great unit for those who like a bit of poke and dont mind paying slightly more for tax and diesel. I just cant get me head round it at all cos CO2 readings are low as some other engines in the Kia fleet and it was only £90 a year road tax for my 06 Rio that had 121g/km. Then they reduced the emissions to 119g/km on later Rios and road tax was £35 a year.
IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT.
I was all for buying a new shape Rio this year but when I heard of the engine spec and the price hike I said it aint for me so I traded my 1.5CRDI in for a Leon TDI which is a 2.0ltr and it achieves good mpg 50 plus on a run and high 40s mixed driving. I may change for another Kia in the future but engine spec and price will be the main factor.

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
536 Posts
Maybe it was down to not being able to fit a dpf filter to the engine. Or maybe they could but the stroke and bore wouldn't give them the flexibility to regen it. I only really have a knowlage of race engines, but the shorter stroke the wider the bore. This can sometime lead to you being able to run the combustion hotter as the bell of the piston will have less time at TDC where most heat it produced in the combustion cycle. And as Nissan owners have found to there dread..heat is what's needed to burn away the carbon deposits. From what owners have said on here the 1.5ltr was a loverly torquey engine which tends more to be a trend of long stroke engines. The 1.6ltr 126 has got to be in the region of a short stroke as it rev's incredibly high for a diesel...max BHP @ 6200RPM...! Most 2tr diesels only have a red line of about 5k. Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
536 Posts
It's really high! Infact i would hazard a guess to say the 1.6 crdi will strugle to get there! But thats the figures kia give for output. From my understanding the way the engine generated the extra heat to burn away the carbon is to run it lean. yes revving higher will generate more heat but it will also create more carbon deposits so doesn't solve the problem. The 1.5ltr engine may be a brilliant engine for emmitsions, drivability and economy but it may just be that the combustion chamber/inlet-outlet chambers may have been designed in a way that wouldn't allow for the extra heat generated. Maybe it's oil system isn't idea?

I know why people are upset about the 1.5ltr not being put into the venga BUT there's always a reason. It may just be that the money invested into the 1.6ltr was to make it a cross platform engine that was planned to go in bigger cars as a base model and the range topping engine for the smaller cars.. Not really worth updating an engine designed 10 or more years ago. Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Maybe it has something to do with patent/licensing rights? I think the 1.5 unit was based on another manufacturer's engine design. With the DPF regs which came in around 2009/2010, I'm still not sure whether my MY10 Rio has a DPF or not, I never seem to get a straight answer.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
M4 have a look at the exhaust the DPF comes before the cat usually not far away from manifold, its a great big bloody round thing. I dont think you will have one tho' due to it being the 1.5.

·
Registered
643 Posts
yess.thanks MrKia for the good news,i am awaiting a 12venga a my 11venga is broken :-(Alo great news about them putting the 1.6 in,my dads ceed was like a rocket with the 89bhp 1.6crdi in it,and for having the same bhp output,and similar torque,the 1.4 is reluctant,but that could be down to the software/flatpot issue it has,and it i noisy and unrefined,the 1.6 runs a lot sweeter.

Hopefully kia will let me know all this good news soon,as i have only been waiting 6months for a fix,and many other folk have been waiting longer.
James.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hi M4Trundler, look under the car and if you see a long section of exhaust that looks like a thick tube either just before the cat on the downpipe,or just after the cat,then you have a dpf.

Peugeots have them on the downpipe jutt after the turbo so you cant see it from underneath.
james.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I dont understand why kia have such a selection of diesel engines anyway? how can this be cost effective? although i do know that some engines are no more like the 2litre crdi, but to offer 1.1, 1.4,1.5,1.6 diesels. who knows....James.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Please find below the reply i got today through the kia uk page on facebook.I called David Peate, a manager at kia uk today and he does nt know anything about it neither does my dealership,who reckons mid december will be when they are able to place orders.
Perhaps i ll get more info tomorrow.
Cheers,james.

<ul ="commentList" style="list-style-: none; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><li ="uiUfiComment comment_5162680 ufiItem ufiItem" style=": rgb237, 239, 244; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb210, 217, 231; margin-top: 1px; padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 4px; padding-left: 5px; "><div ="UIBlock clearfix uiUfiActorBlock" style="zoom: 1; "><div ="comment UIBlock_ UIBlock_SMALL_" -ft=""":33" style="display: table-cell; vertical-align: top; width: 10000px; padding-top: 1px; ">James PhimisterI was wondering if anyone at Kia uk can update me on the progress of the facelifted venga expected relaese date?? as i am desparetley awaiting one,as my current new venga is faulty beyond repair, also can kia confirm that they have replaced the venga s 1.4crdi engine with the ceed s 1.6crdi??? if so this is very good news as the ceed s 1.6 is a great engine with plenty of power,where as the 1.4 is pretty poor. A reply would be much appreciated,as being a customer at his wits end with new venga problems,any sort of update would be most welcomed,thanks-james.<div ="comments fsm fwn fcg" style="font-size: 11px; font-weight: normal; color: gray; padding-top: 2px; "><abbr title="Wednesday, 30 November 2011 at 21:50" -utime="1322689848" style="border-bottom-style: none; border-bottom-width: initial; border-bottom-color: initial; ">Yesterday at 21:50</abbr>·< ="stat_elem as_ cmnt_like_" ="submit" name="like_comment_id5162680" value="5162680" title="Like comment" style="-: none; -attachment: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; : initial; border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-width: initial; border-color: initial; color: rgb59, 89, 152; cursor: pointer; font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; overflow-x: ; overflow-y: ; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; text-align: left; width: auto; -: initial initial; -repeat: initial initial; ">Like

<li ="uiUfiComment comment_5166521 ufiItem ufiItem" style=": rgb237, 239, 244; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb210, 217, 231; margin-top: 1px; padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 4px; padding-left: 5px; "><div ="UIBlock clearfix uiUfiActorBlock" style="zoom: 1; "><div ="UIBlock_Ext" style=": right; "><div ="uior inlineBlock commentHideor stat_elem uiorRight" id="ud31cg_4" -name="hide_5166521" -autosubmit="1" style="display: inline-block; zoom: 1; max-width: 200px; vertical-align: top; "><div ="wrap" style=": relative; ">https://www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk#

<div ="comment UIBlock_ UIBlock_SMALL_" -ft=""":33" style="display: table-cell; vertical-align: top; width: 10000px; padding-top: 1px; ">Kia Motors UKHi James ""“ We are very sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your Venga. All variations of the Venga MY12 are being released mid December except for the 1.6 ""˜3' auto which will not be arriving until January. We can confirm that it will be available with the 1.6 engine you mention. Any further queries please do let us know and we hope this information helps. If you are waiting on an ordered Venga our customer service team will be happy to look into this further for you? Thank you.<div ="comments fsm fwn fcg" style="font-size: 11px; font-weight: normal; color: gray; padding-top: 2px; "><abbr title="Thursday, 1 December 2011 at 09:46" -utime="1322732776" ="timestamp livetimestamp" style="border-bottom-style: none; border-bottom-width: initial; border-bottom-color: initial; ">13 hours ago</abbr>·< ="stat_elem as_ cmnt_like_" ="submit" name="like_comment_id5166521" value="5166521" title="Like comment" style="-: none; -attachment: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; : initial; border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-width: initial; border-color: initial; color: rgb59, 89, 152; cursor: pointer; font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; overflow-x: ; overflow-y: ; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; text-align: left; width: auto; -: initial initial; -repeat: initial initial; ">Like

<li ="uiUfiComment comment_5171350 ufiItem ufiItem" style=": rgb237, 239, 244; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb210, 217, 231; margin-top: 1px; padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 4px; padding-left: 5px; "><div ="UIBlock clearfix uiUfiActorBlock" style="zoom: 1; "><label ="delete stat_elem UIBlock_Ext ui" for="ud31cg_5" style="cursor: pointer; color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-weight: bold; vertical-align: middle; display: inline-block; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; zoom: 1; -: https://s-static.ak.facebook.com/r.php/v1/yA/r/4WSewcWboV8.png; height: 15px; width: 15px; : right; overflow-x: ; overflow-y: ; opacity: 0; -repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">< title="Remove" ="submit" name="delete5171350" id="ud31cg_5" style="font-weight: normal; cursor: pointer; opacity: 0; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; padding-top: 18px; padding-right: 18px; padding-bottom: 18px; padding-left: 18px; "></label><div ="comment UIBlock_ UIBlock_SMALL_" -ft=""":33" style="display: table-cell; vertical-align: top; width: 10000px; padding-top: 1px; ">James PhimisterHi Thanks for getting back to me, when you mean released, do you mean that my deaelrship will be able to order a venga from then? im also curious as to what improvements have been made to the latest version of the diesel '3'. thanks,james.<div ="comments fsm fwn fcg" style="font-size: 11px; font-weight: normal; color: gray; padding-top: 2px; "><abbr title="Thursday, 1 December 2011 at 22:52" -utime="1322779971" ="timestamp livetimestamp" style="border-bottom-style: none; border-bottom-width: initial; border-bottom-color: initial; ">about a minute ago</abbr>·< ="stat_elem as_ cmnt_like_" ="submit" name="like_comment_id5171350" value="5171350" title="Like comment" style="-: none; -attachment: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; : initial; border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-width: initial; border-color: initial; color: rgb59, 89, 152; cursor: pointer; font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; overflow-x: ; overflow-y: ; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; text-align: left; width: auto; -: initial initial; -repeat: initial initial; ">Like

[/list]

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hi Davy,lets see if the 1.1crdi becomes troublesome like the 1.4 did/does in warm weather.
I hope it does nt,but dealership reckons the venga s 1.4 engine troubles come mainly from it constantly trying to run at its most economical ,whilst trying to keep hold of performance,etc,and outside temperatures of 13oc and above aggrivate things.

The 1.6 perhaps is nt so finely tuned for economy as the 1.4 and 1.1 are??

Dont know.

James.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hi, just had confirmation that Kia are now accepting orders for the new venga 3 which has been offline for the last wee while.
Still to find out what extras come with it,but the 1.6crdi ecodynamics is definite.

ive been sent an my12 pricelist but dont know how to get it on here.

cheers,james.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FYI

<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 429.6pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; mso-border-alt: solid text .5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 480; mso-padding-alt: 0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-border-insideh: .5pt solid text; mso-border-insidev: .5pt solid text" =MsoTableGrid border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=573>
<T>
<TR style="HEIGHT: 13pt; mso-yfti-irow: 0">
<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: text 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: text 1pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 214.8pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; : #e6e6e6; HEIGHT: 13pt; BORDER-TOP: text 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: text 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; mso-border-alt: solid text .5pt" vAlign=top width=286>
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
""˜3'</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: text 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 214.8pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; : #e6e6e6; HEIGHT: 13pt; BORDER-TOP: text 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: text 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; mso-border-alt: solid text .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid text .5pt" vAlign=top width=286>

""˜3 Sat Nav'
(versus MY11 ""˜3')
</TD></TR>
<TR style="HEIGHT: 25.65pt; mso-yfti-irow: 1">
<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: text 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: text 1pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; : transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 214.8pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 25.65pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-RIGHT: text 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; mso-border-alt: solid text .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid text .5pt" vAlign=top width=286>

Deletions:

Black ""˜Beat' Cloth upholstery

Spare wheel</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: text 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; : transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 214.8pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 25.65pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-RIGHT: text 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; mso-border-alt: solid text .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid text .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid text .5pt" vAlign=top width=286>

Deletions:

Black ""˜Beat' Cloth upholstery

Spare wheel</TD></TR>
<TR style="HEIGHT: 190.85pt; mso-yfti-irow: 2; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes">
<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: text 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: text 1pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; : transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 214.8pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 190.85pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-RIGHT: text 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; mso-border-alt: solid text .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid text .5pt" vAlign=top width=286>

Additions:

Upgrade of 1.4 engines to 1.6 manual ISG petrol or 1.6 CRDi ISG engines

""˜Bamboo' part leather upholstery

Heated front seats

Glovebox with cooling and illumination

Cruise control & speed limiter

Reversing sensors

Bluetooth handsfree with music streaming

Folding door mirrors with integrated indicator lights

Front passenger armrest

Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)

Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)

Emergency Stop Signalling

Black high-gloss grille

<?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Tyre</st1:place></st1:City> repair kit</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: text 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; : transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 214.8pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 190.85pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-RIGHT: text 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; mso-border-alt: solid text .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid text .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid text .5pt" vAlign=top width=286>

Additions:

Upgrade to 1.6 manual ISG petrol or 1.6 CRDi ISG engines

7""� touchscreen satellite navigation with European mapping

Advanced Reserving Camera (integrated into Sat Nav screen)

""˜Bamboo' part leather upholstery

Heated front seats

Glovebox with cooling and illumination

Cruise control & speed limiter

Reversing sensors

Bluetooth handsfree with music streaming

Folding door mirrors with integrated indicator lights

Front passenger armrest

Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)

Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)

Emergency Stop Signalling

Black high-gloss grille