Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As my car is spending most days now sitting on my drive I have been looking at these chargers anyone any thoughts I know there not the best, but if it helps keep the battery ticking over, firstly are any of the 12v sockets permently live, I think they may be on delay, if so it's probably too much of a pain to disconnect it every time I have to pop out 馃槧

Registered
Kia Stinger 2020 Ember Orange
As my car is spending most days now sitting on my drive I have been looking at these chargers anyone any thoughts I know there not the best, but if it helps keep the battery ticking over, firstly are any of the 12v sockets permently live, I think they may be on delay, if so it's probably too much of a pain to disconnect it every time I have to pop out 馃槧
I remember looking into these some years ago and the outcome was that people were saying they produce such a tiny amount of current it wasn't worth the effort but maybe they have improved?

Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
I'm sure I've read you can use the OBD port with some models, but you need to make sure you don't start the car with it still attached! Also I seem to recall you need to get one of sufficient power to overcome the resistance in the car's circuit or you are wasting your money. But you'll guess I'm no electrical expert!

Reactions: ODONO
1 - 3 of 3 Posts