Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 Niro 3 HEV had its 2nd year service at the beginning of the month and I asked that all software, including the Satnav, was updated at the same time. I was expecting the new Type 2 upgrade would be applied but when I checked on completion, the Version info/update screen remained exactly the same as before taking the car into the dealers.

I was told that they had checked online and downloaded the software appropriate for my car and carried out the update. When I explained that I was expecting the new Type 2 software with the screen colour change, the service manager did not seem to be aware of it. They offered to go through the process again but this did not seem likely to produce a different outcome

I know that there has been some comment on this forum about the change and I believe the new version file name has been posted but I have not found it so far.

I would appreciate if someone who has had this update carried out could post their Version info so that I can go back to the dealers with the appropriate information and hopefully get the correct update.

Gadget Font Display device Screenshot Multimedia

You can see my current Version info in the photo, which is as the car was delivered. I was told this was still current at the time of the 1st service last September. It does not give confidence when it is so far out of date and so I am also using my Tomtom, which I can keep updated on a regular basis.

It's a pity we can't do our own updates - but that is another thread already well covered on the forum!

·
Registered
653 Posts
My 2019 Niro 3 HEV had its 2nd year service at the beginning of the month and I asked that all software, including the Satnav, was updated at the same time. I was expecting the new Type 2 upgrade would be applied but when I checked on completion, the Version info/update screen remained exactly the same as before taking the car into the dealers.

I was told that they had checked online and downloaded the software appropriate for my car and carried out the update. When I explained that I was expecting the new Type 2 software with the screen colour change, the service manager did not seem to be aware of it. They offered to go through the process again but this did not seem likely to produce a different outcome

I know that there has been some comment on this forum about the change and I believe the new version file name has been posted but I have not found it so far.

I would appreciate if someone who has had this update carried out could post their Version info so that I can go back to the dealers with the appropriate information and hopefully get the correct update.

View attachment 11840
You can see my current Version info in the photo, which is as the car was delivered. I was told this was still current at the time of the 1st service last September. It does not give confidence when it is so far out of date and so I am also using my Tomtom, which I can keep updated on a regular basis.

It's a pity we can't do our own updates - but that is another thread already well covered on the forum!
The software tells you the date 30th April 2019 so its more than 2 years out of date so they have not updated your system

·
Registered
85 Posts
You have a Standard gen 5 head unit. Thats not the latest update by miles. Find a new dealer.

·
Super Moderator
6,263 Posts
Well the mapping is at least 2 years out.

Kia announced Jul 18, 2020 that EUR.12 version was out

EUR.13 is this years & Eur.14 has been seen on a few posts.

Not sure what size screen you have. Mine is 10.2"
Gadget Font Electronic device Display device Personal luxury car

Gadget Font Display device Communication Device Output device

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Type 1 head unit, but the Type 2, above all of the other details , has a Date Updated box. I'm guessing your doesn't show that because it hasn't been updated at all, not with anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,263 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Type 1 head unit, but the Type 2, above all of the other details , has a Date Updated box. I'm guessing your doesn't show that because it hasn't been updated at all, not with anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Type 1 is Black/White. Type 2 is Purple (Magenta in Kia speel) It's just the software change.

Reactions: Alanw47

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all for their comments and particularly to iooi for posting the photos of his Version info screens. Hopefully, this information will point the dealer in the right direction.

My Niro is the face-lifted model with the 10.2 screen. I explained to the dealer that there was discussion on this Forum about the new Type 2 software and the colour change to the screen but they did not seem to be aware of it. With the screen shots of the full software information, it should make it easier to get the update applied. Otherwise, I may need to look for a different dealer as suggested.

I will update progress as appropriate.

Thanks again for the responses.

·
Super Moderator
6,263 Posts
Thanks to all for their comments and particularly to iooi for posting the photos of his Version info screens. Hopefully, this information will point the dealer in the right direction.

My Niro is the face-lifted model with the 10.2 screen. I explained to the dealer that there was discussion on this Forum about the new Type 2 software and the colour change to the screen but they did not seem to be aware of it. With the screen shots of the full software information, it should make it easier to get the update applied. Otherwise, I may need to look for a different dealer as suggested.

I will update progress as appropriate.

Thanks again for the responses.

I find it odd that the dealer does not know of the update. Which dealer is it?

As the change to Type 2 was in this years map update. But then again if they say your maps are up to date. Then you have to wonder just what else they are keeping up to date on.

I found the best way is to just ask for the map's to be updated. As when you mention software, they seem to think you mean other things...

Reactions: fenegroni

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The dealer is Kia Coulsdon, which is local and was recommended by a friend who has been using them for a few years. I bought the car from Kia Portsmouth but due to Covid restrictions it was too far to go for the 1st service. That went OK so I went back there for the 2nd service.

I checked the version info before I left the dealers and went back in to discuss it with them. I was surprised they were not aware of the update. They offered to go through the procedure again but as it was likely to result in the same outcome and be a waste of time, I said I would try to obtain the version numbers of the latest software to assist them. Having done so, I feel I need to give them the opportunity to carry out the update.

I have sent an email with the version details for the type 2 software but have not yet had a response. Hopefully, I will get something early next week.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Like others have said you must ask for a map update to the latest 2021 maps. Upgrading the maps also updates the software, but thats not for you or them to decide: the version of the infotainment software your car needs is decided by KIA when they put the package together with the maps. And the procedure requires them downloading the latest infotainment map upgrade from the kia network. If you just tell them that you want the latest 2021 map update that would point them to the right place.

Reactions: iooi
1 - 10 of 10 Posts