Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any EV6 owners yet installed the latest software update from update.kia.com?
Did you notice any changes?
How does your system show speed limit information?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am talking about the one that you download from the update.kia.com site.
I'm not sure what OTA updates you get, but I doubt it's the same thing.
Would you mind checking the software version you have?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Yesterday saw Terms and Conditions popping up on some of our Head Units, nothing more (UK)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yesterday saw Terms and Conditions popping up on some of our Head Units, nothing more (UK)
I appreciate that, but this is specifically for EV6 owners only.

Reactions: Alanw47

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’ll check later as I’m away from the car at the mo, didn’t know there was a update on the website, how do you get it from the website to the car?
mum rubbish with all things computer
Also I suspect I have a early software number as mine was a very early delivered car.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did the recent Kia SW/Map update and why the Kia site shows an updated design, purple/pink like.

this is what Kia shows on their update site Notice | Official Kia Motors Navigation Update Website, which is purple-pink looking and updated from what the EV6 was shipped with.

Font Electronic device Sky Multimedia Display device

They even go on to say...

Water Font Rectangle Art Logo

The EV6 is a Gen5W car but after the update....
Font Audio equipment Gadget Display device Electronic device

This is what is shown in my car anyway, no theme changes at all.

I did see a Kia EV6 demo in Korean which shows the updated teme in action, see the updated icons and colours....
Vehicle Wheel Tire Automotive design Gadget

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think you are looking at two different screens. The first screen is for the FM radio noise reduction (how much background noise is removed from the signal) and the second screen is the noise produced by the car when driving along. I don't have an EV6 though so could be wrong. Do you have a screen to change the noise produced by the car?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes, of course, these are two different screens on the car for sure, sorry to confuse anyone. The point is, the theme hasn't changed as per what Kia suggested in their text. Take the first image from the Kia update site, it looks far different to that of what is actually happening after the update in the second image. The third image is a screenshot from what looks like an EV6, displaying a new theme/icons, albeit from the Active Sound design menu.

Computer Font Automotive design Parallel Art

This seems to not be happening... Where is the new icons and design theme?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you have the Jong-e head unit version of the theme, which is a slight variation to the basic purple of the other head units.
plus what you are reporting is that they expanded the new theme to ‘older’ units. Not that they removed yours.

·
Registered
EV6 GTL AWD Heat pump
27 Posts
I tried to install the latest update 22 02 11, I got a 64mb USB pendrive & used Kia updater to put the update on to it. With the car on started update, it spent ages verifying the files. I came back after 1h 40m & the update had finished to give me software dated 21 07 19 that I started with. No error messages so what went wrong?

·
Registered
EV6 GTL AWD Heat pump
27 Posts
I checked the .VER file & it was dated 22 02 11 so I tried the update again. This time I selected Quick Update rather than general & it worked. It said update would take 40 mins rather than 90 min with my first try. I have not spotted any changes but not driven anywhere yet

·
Registered
EV6 GTL AWD Heat pump
27 Posts
After a drive I only changes noticed that after update it had lost my mirror settings & that on the split screen when I have the map showing it now stays with the vehicle heading up rather than defaulting to North up despite having heading up set in my preferences.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts