Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Proceed CD GT Line 1.4 T GDI
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 Proceed CD 1.4 GT Line.

I did an upgrade at home using an SD Card, updates downloaded via the KIA Navigation Updater app on the PC.
I am led to believe the Russian/CIS revision is the one to use ( I'm in Ireland).
The download took a while, but app said it was successful and the screen shows that the software/ firmware has been updated.
Unfortunately I have no Maps/Sat Nav - as can be seen on the images below.. original set up:
Output device Computer Personal computer Font Gadget

Updated set up:
Gadget Font Audio equipment Flat panel display Output device

Any ideas.
Can't roll back to previous set up using the original SD Card that was in the car when I bought it.
I can use waze or Google maps...but that won't obviously allow the directions to appear on the centre screen between the dials (rev/odo).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Using the Navigation Updater it downloads the whole thing in one, there is no separate map & software file(s).

·
Super Moderator
9,410 Posts
That is why you go to the dealer.
As you downloaded the russian version it will (at a guess) not have the maps for your area.

As it looks like you have the 10.2 screen. There is no SD card. It has built in memory.

So your only option is to go to dealer & get them to put the official EU version on.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is why you go to the dealer.
As you downloaded the russian version it will (at a guess) not have the maps for your area.

As it looks like you have the 10.2 screen. There is no SD card. It has built in memory.

So your only option is to go to dealer & get them to put the official EU version on.
No, I have the SD Card version.
Font Gadget Wood Memory card Rectangle

Reactions: fenegroni and iooi

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
8 inch touchscreen as far as I know. Not measured it. But it's not a particularly big screen
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
Have you looked on the SD card and seen what files are on there?

Edit: Just a thought, did you backup your SD card before starting the update?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you looked on the SD card and seen what files are on there?

Edit: Just a thought, did you backup your SD card before starting the update?
Image above is of the original SD card, nothing was deleted/altered from that.
I used a different SD Card to put the new files on.
Even if I try to 'update' by rolling back with the original SD Card, it does not work. The new rev software/firmware does not get overwritten.

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
I was thinking compare the files on both cards, they should be similar, although obviously not exactly the same.
You can't revert. I think If you take it to a dealers they will replace the whole head unit, unfortunately at a cost to you.

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
581 Posts
There's a hidden Engineering menu on Kia/Hyundai satnavs. Several different sequences for different cars to try;
In there, on mine I saw two options: back up of current software and override of current software. No idea how they work: might be able to force a downgrade. Just remember to always factory reset everything after a downgrade, if you manage to.

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,474 Posts
As there were apparently no Nav / Map files amongst the new SW load you could try copying the old Nav / Map files from your old SD card to the new one and try reloading,

Reactions: fenegroni

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Word from Kia (Europe) is that they (the KIA dealers) control the sotware/map updates...so unless you can get a copy from someone that has the correct (most recent) set up...don't go about futering by yourself. Guess I'll get it sorted when next in for a service. Waze it is until then.

Reactions: mr.macspot

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did the self update.
2nd update appears to work OK.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts