Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, this is not an "adults only" question, and yes it is for those with a frivilous nature!
Having owned several different cars when I lived in Florida for a few years, good functioning AC (air-conditioning) was as important as the car having 4 wheels and an engine!

Surprisingly, I have to award my recently purchased 08 Ceed SR7 with the most efficient AC I have ever come across. So much so that when set to "Auto", I can only run it for a few minutes. Anything longer than that, and my breath looks like that of Nook of the North. Far from complaining, I'm happy to know that I'm prepared for any global warming extremes over the next few years.

But "Put what where?" I hear you ask! The owners manual, of course! It clearly recommends putting it in the glove compartment, but I mainly use that as our kitchen freezer overflow, now that I've figured how to open the "chill vent". Returning from our weekly shop at Morrisons, a bag of frozen sweetcorn, a box of 6 choc ices and 24 pork sausages (they were in the reduced section, hence we bought the lot) take precedence over the owner's manual - and thereby lies the dilemma! Where do you put yours??

·
Registered
26 Posts
In my CRDI 3 there's are some neat straps on the RH side of the boot which the folder with the car details and the manual neatly fits into.

I agree on the efficiency of the AC system. It gets cool very quickly even when the car has been left out in the blazing sun for hours.

Last week in SW France the Ceed showed that the temperature outside was 42 degree C when we got back from lunch. It had cooled to acomfortablelevel within a mile.

The down-side of the system is that the car takes a very long time to warm up when its frosty.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The doorpockets are already spoken for - passenger side: umbrella, wilkinson's fold-up bag (stuffed with various carrier bags) and a windscreen thingy that looks like a giant's pair of sunglasses. The driver's side: fire-extinguisher (have always carried one along with a first-aid kit containing everything short of major surgery equipment, which fits perfectly under the passenger seat).

Now the two elastic straps in the boot! Aha, I wondered what use I could put those to. And the manual pouch fits in there perfectly!

I've yet to try out the heater, though that worries me less as I'm a firm believer in several layers of jumpers, etc. when cold weather strikes.

I'm also voting this car as the best one for nooks and crannies to stuff things into, such as the sunglasses carrier, which my wife uses for her lippy, mascara and other cosmetics!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Mine lives inside, with the rest of my car paperwork.
I don't tend to have things in the door pockets, just used as and when required.
Like the idea of the straps in the boot but I have cleaning kit stuffed in there -

Love your posts David, very informative and a great read.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I don't leave mine in the car unless it's going for a service, for the book to be stamped. Let's face it, you will very rarely look at it once you've had the car a week or so and it's just extra weight to have to lug around, slowing you down and costing you money.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Drakey!

Good Lord, M4 - How heavy is your manual?? (Is there something missing from mine, I wonder?)

If it weighs that much, have you thought of attaching it to a long piece of string and dragging it behind? - I know, I know the friction and drag co-efficient, not to mention wind turbulence.....

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Ah, it's death by a thousand cuts...bit of this, bit of that and before you know it you're carrying around the kitchen sink.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
No dig at anyone intended... we almost always end up carrying stuff around in the car we don't need to. When Iclearthe car fora service I'm always surprised by the seemingly huge pile of stuff I take out of what is supposed to be an "empty" car!
Edited by: M4trundler

1 - 14 of 14 Posts