Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since getting my new Soul I have seen very few others on the road (usually that's all you see after you buy a different car) however Ebay appears to be full of second hand Souls for sale! A lot of these are quite low mileage motors. Is there a connection there somewhere?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The only connection i can assume is that (under Kia instructions) the dealers are offering good part exchange prices to existing owners to swap to new ones, and therefore keep the residual value of the Soul good by keeping the secondhand ones reasonably expensive to improve the Kia Reputation. As far as seeing Soul on the road - i am seeing more and more of them now.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Normally when I buy a car within hours they are otherseverywhere ( maybe you just don't notice them before ) But I must say in the two months Ive had mine ,Ive only seen four on the road , so not as common as some other vehicles . I do often spot a car in traffic thinking its a Soul & then when you get closer its something else .

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The Soul is a left feild choice anyway..... and the few that live near me are driven by older folk who tend to spend the winters in spain and only go as far as the local garden centre in the summer. I am a car nut and spot everything, but my neighbours got one and i didnt spot it until they had owned it for nearly 6 months.... also the owners seem to be the sort who use a garage for what its designed for....and not a junk store.....lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
Raider, i've had mine since nov last year and i haven't seen that many on the road. Last count was 3 i think and keep seeing the same three.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
There are a few around in South Yorkshire but not many, the large car sales Direct Cars have 4 for sale and the prices are quite high though. They are increasing in number but you can go for days and not see any at all, my neighbour has just got a new Audi and I have counted 7 of the same model just around where I live and this is the latest 5 series. Better to have something different than follow the crowd.

·
Registered
161 Posts
in auto trader just over 250 for sale,quite a variance on price.since i got mine i havent got a private life anymore.seen five since xmas

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have only seen 2 since I have had mine. However I quite the fact that I dont see many as it keeps ours a little different from the mob! I dont understand why Kia have not advertised the Soul on TV having gone to the bother of making those 2 hampster ads which must have cost a fortune to put together. If they did show them I missed them. Quite good I thought.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFHCfwF87_o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfJnqbudMzs

·
Registered
309 Posts
lisa71 said:
Raider, i've had mine since nov last year and i haven't seen that many on the road. Last count was 3 i think and keep seeing the same three.

Im in Surrey aswell , so if we spot each others , we can add one more to the score

·
Registered
283 Posts
Looking at the second hand Souls on ebay the other day and spotted a red Soul 2 diesel auto on a 10 plate for 7 grand ,sounds good eh!. Only done 9500mls but had thrown a rod through the engine, thrown a rod, i would love to know what happened there, best part is it still starts.aaaarrrgh.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Dave R said:
Should I change my Soul for a graphite Mini Tempest ? They appear to be getting rather common !
I will send the kids round with the brillo pads again if we dont lose the sarcasm!.......

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
SYLO77 said:
Looking at the second hand Souls on ebay the other day and spotted a red Soul 2 diesel auto on a 10 plate for 7 grand ,sounds good eh!. Only done 9500mls but had thrown a rod through the engine, thrown a rod, i would love to know what happened there, best part is it still starts.aaaarrrgh.
How on earth can that happen at such low mileage on a low revving engine????...... wonder what the warranty department made of that?...... probably over use of the boost button.....lol

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
As long as it's not mine Tempest !!!
I am trying not to use the boost but it is difficult , filled it up yesterday and it's not to bad , by the way Tempest do you know how much extra they charge for matt paintwork we may be on to a winner with your kids and the brillo pads but I want a cut of the bottom line if we go a head.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Strange isnt it..... i rarely use the boost (probably only used it maybe 5 times in over a year). I find that my car is more of a potterer and poser (or is that just me!!!...lol)..... on the odd occassion i push mine on the country lanes, it soon gets flustered and starts bobbing about and the road suddenly dosent feel wide enough!!!.... maybe it is more fun in the overtaking lane on the motorway!....lol

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It's me Tempest,old habits die hard,when you have been used to driving as many miles as I have always trying to get somewhere on time then it's difficult to change the driving style. I have found that,and I do not reccommend it at all, if you turn off the traction control you can drift the Soulwith care. I need to get my wheel sorted out whenI scuffed it on a brick that somebody had dropped halfway round a roundabout. I have been quoted £45 plus VAT so I am trying to book it in for next week, no other problems at all at this time.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
only time my traction control light has come on is in thick snow or ice. What are they doing to the wheel?...a grindout/polish and a repaint?....do they fill the dents in alloy wheels these days?

When you say "drift the Soul"... do you mean having the front end slide wide or the whole car drifting?
Edited by: tempest

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I have only caught the rim slightly so it should not take much in the way of a repair.They are coming Friday so I will let you know whats what.
I do mean the whole car drifting but the surface does have to be a little wet and slippy.I always like to try to see whata newcar will do under certain circumstances then I am less likley to be caught out with the unexpected.I gave my other car to my son and I had caught the alloys on that,they stuck out passed the edge of the tyre, he is going to look into getting them repaired.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts