Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone managed to get their music to stream from an iphone to the cars head unit and car speakers?

·
Registered
296 Posts
yep had it working no probs on the non sat model what i did
1 pair the phone

2 play some music you should get a choice on your iphone screen choose the sportage bluetooth

3 hit the aux button on the radio unit

should now be streaming

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See stage 2 and 3 just isn't happening for me.

I've paired my phone okay, although I've read there is a button on the ipod when the 'now playing' is on, I'll try that when I'm back in the car.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like I'm going back to the dealer with this, just not happening.

Someone mentioned an 'up arrow' on the iphone to switch the streaming on but I can't find it so ifanyone can post a picture of this on their iphone I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you hold down the settings button it tells you your firmware, I'm version 1.3.8 SL and my software version is 5.0.1

Can anyone else tell me theirs pls?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, apparently (according to Apple) you cannot stream music from an iphone to the Sportage head unit using bluetooth.

It seems that Ray has managed it in his KIA Soul as seen from the photos.

What I am missing is the button to the right that looks like an up arrow - called the Airplay button.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j131/HGF69/Main/IMG_0068.png

Apple says it can only be used for Apple devices but as you can see, it picks up other devices.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j131/HGF69/Main/IMG_0069.png

So if anyone knows how I get that function please let me know. I have the latest IOS version 4.3.1 .

I'm even more stumped now.

·
Registered
296 Posts
you need to enable airplay in itunes iv been searching around and the penny dropped i did this a long time ago to try to connect to a parrotbluetooth just hunting around for some decent instructions

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nope but thanks. I think the only way that icon shows is if u Are using an AirPlay enabled device like apple tv. I don't have one, or a mac.

How someone has managed to get it to show the car is a miracle 

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Craig, thanks a MILLION for that.

The issue is obviously with the Sat NAv head unit, looks to be fine on the non SN version, I'm just not getting that icon to appear.

I hope somehow the future updates (whenever they appear) resolve this, please KIA make this happen.

Again, thanks mate.

·
Registered
296 Posts
no probs iv got all this to look forward to on the 32nd of octember thats when i think ill see my sporty
as you say KIA GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER

1 - 17 of 17 Posts