Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all newbie here (Big russ)

We have a problem just serviced my 2004 sorento diesel and after a week its coughing and splutering pouring out smoke but ticks over fine not had a problem befour the only thing I havent done is the filter and Ive added synthetic oil any ideas

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your Kia is 2004 Sorento diesel, so I assume it has min 100k - with diesel engines, with this age and miles the engine oil should be semi-synthetic, not fully. So betterfind outwhat kind of engine oil have been used before, because it is almost a crime
to switch from semi synthetic to synthetic. Synthetic oil properties are different than semi i.e. syn. is thinner and will might flush your engine (asphalts from the old oil are like a silicon seals), melt old rubber seals and cause internal and external leakage, when the semi was keeping the leak paths sealed. So my advise will be to drain the oil ASAP and put 5W30 Millers semi-synthetic orsimilar. This should cure the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuel fillter now fitted and its no differant

Possible injecter or mass air flow meter anybody had this problem before and have the injectors a short life span by-the-way car has done 52.000 so low milage

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:
problem goes as soon as the engine reaches operation temp

and the reason the engine management light says off is not all faults cause the light to come on but with be recorded andstay in the ECU memory

More updates to follow when its sorted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts