Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a 68 plate Sportage GT line S, the key has been working fine but now when I am in the car with the engine running and open any door the dashboard tells me the key isn’t in the vehicle, the key is with me inside the vehicle !! Could this just be a new battery required in the smart key. Any ideas please.
Oldie.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the fault the same with both fobs?
I tried the other key and it was OK but the problem is very intermittent so I don’t really know if I was just lucky with the spare key but I will buy a new battery and keep my fingers crossed I don’t really want to carry two keys with me all the time. I’ll keep you posted.
Many thanks,

·
Registered
2017 GT Line S 1.6 Petrol AWD
209 Posts
I'd replace batteries in both fobs, both mine went flat at the same time even though the second one had never been used. Although I didn't have same issues as yours, mine just wouldn't unlock the doors.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT Line S 2019 (69 plate)
841 Posts
With the Sportage when key fob battery is low does a warning appear on dash at all? My old cee’d used to state that battery was low etc to indicate to you to replace.

·
Registered
2017 GT Line S 1.6 Petrol AWD
209 Posts
With the Sportage when key fob battery is low does a warning appear on dash at all? My old cee’d used to state that battery was low etc to indicate to you to replace.
I think it's supposed to but mine didn't. Checked both batteries and they were both u/s.

·
Registered
799 Posts
U/S = Unserviceable. (RAF speak)
U/S = Kernackered

1 - 12 of 12 Posts