Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Team, I took the (smart) keys of a brand new automatic Xceed yesterday, but just cannot lock it on first attempt!

Each time it is taken me about 10 minutes if opening and shutting all doors, turning the engine on and off, shifting the shift etc etc.
Each time, every time I close the driver’s door, there’s just a loud high pitched beep and there’s no locking bot, either from the fob or button.

Try all of this for 10 minutes, seemingly don’t change anything and it’s ready to get locked.
If there is any help at all, this will save me from eternal frustration!

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
583 Posts
You cant lock the car if the smart key is inside the car. Are you sure you havent left the spare key in there?

Reactions: iooi

·
Registered
162 Posts
Are you leaving trh ignition on/doors not fully shut etc? I get the high pitched beep if the car is left on (I have a PHEV and so I do it on a fairly regular basis!), or if a door has not been fully closed. The most obvious thing though would be a spare key in the car if it is brand new, as already mentioned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all.
Not a PHEV, spare key in the house, smart key in hand, all doors opened and shut and double checked.

Start/Stop tech, so put into Park, press stop, leave but still won’t lock

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Thanks all.
Not a PHEV, spare key in the house, smart key in hand, all doors opened and shut and double checked.

Start/Stop tech, so put into Park, press stop, leave but still won’t lock
Tried swopping keys over?

Back to dealer as something is not right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.