Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the right hand end of the top line of every post [post number date three vertical dots]

Hovering over the three dost reveals a description "Site Navigation", but clicking on the three dots opens a drop down with only one choice "Report Post". Dunno what happens if I click on that but there is some disparity - I don't think it is site navigation since that is in a more appropriate place. If it is "report post" then perhaps the icon should be someting like "!" and the hover description revised?

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought “Edit Post” was a option on those three dots at one time?
Edit Post is only possible if it is your post and relatively fresh. Yes if it is a fresh post by you then you get a choice of "Edit Post" or "Report". Try it on a post which is not yours. Still hovering on it shows a title "Site Navigation"

·
Super Moderator
1,954 Posts
I wonder if the 3 dots are actually a picture and as such is showing the same as the 3 dots in the top right of the screen.
Did try to look at page source. But far too much scripting in there. So I think it is called by a script, as such it is not listed as such.

·
Administrator
204 Posts
Oh, that is interesting, I've never thought to hover over the in thread 3 dots. That is not intended, and I can work on finding a better wording, perhaps like "thread options" or "post functions" or simply "more options" got any suggestions?
-Gerrit

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ONLY choice under those dots is "Report" (plus edit if it is a recent post by yourself). Neither of those is "Site Navigation" but right now Report/Edit is all it does.

I don;t like "thread options" as this is not what it does - it is a post specific function and not thread specific

I don't much like the three dots - it's not obvious what that means

How about two icons, one symbolised "!" in red and funtion "Report" and one with say a pencil symbol and function "Edit" - you could grey that out if Edit is not a valid choice in a particular context i,e, not your post or post too old)

·
Super Moderator
1,954 Posts
Turnup.

While I get what you are saying and seeing.
As a mod I have 8 options.

So to me "More Options" make sense.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Who is this forum for anyway - mods or users? Do you want to optimise the page for the few Mods or for the much greater number of ordinary users? Mods, being of a select band, should not need a completely intuitive interface but the rest of us need a little more help from time to time. I'll bet that few users on here were even aware of the "Report" possibility.

·
Super Moderator
1,954 Posts
Fair point.

I guess Report if the only option users have is a good one.
Use Mods will just have to struggle on 😂 (y)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts