Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 2.0 CRDI Carens
My problem is the gearstick it feels loose and sloppy, although it does change gear without fault.

has anyone had this problem and cured it ?

My local dealer that sold me the car has now closed and become a ford dealer and wont help.

local garage wont touch it as its a Kia !

Im quite competant with most things but thought id seek advice first.

Any help greatfully received.

Thanks

Neil

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh well looks like its time to trade it in for a proper car, i bought mine as the wife wanted an MPV style car and the Kia ticked the right boxes.
I've never been happy with it, its noisey the diesel engine sounds like a skeleton having a W**K in a dustbin !.

The immobiliser drives me nuts !

Otherwise for a cheap car its been ok, i wouldnt mind if it had done 80k but ive only done 40k from new !

Anyone any idea what its worth to trade in ? its a 2005 2.0 CRDILE with leather, Aircon in black with a tow bar fitted that's never been used ! V clean and tidy etc

and as i mentioned earlier the gear changes are ok just the stick feels loose/sloppy.

Off to the Mercedes garage i go !

Regards

Neil

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Glasses guide £2750 trade in value in excellent condition.

Parkers guide £3170 trade in.

All based on a2005 on a 05 plate.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi 1968neil
Sorry to here your having problems,Saw your thread i only pop back on now and then just as a matter of interest,
If you remove the centre cowling around the handbrake to gain access to the linkages from the top you may be able to see if any of the springs that hold the stick to the neutral left have worn through the plastic mountigs this will cause a ,,sloppy stick..
To get the cowling out once you have removed the small screws front and back position the gear stick as you try to wiggle it out, in 1st and 2nd at the same time as you raise and lower the hand brake to free it, The knob unscrews, dont forget to CHOCK your wheels, The fag lighter electrics simply unclip from underneath, You could adjust the hand brake while your at it while your there, But remeber a couple of threads will make a difference so dont go mad,
hope that helps in some way,
Got rid of my carens a few weeks ago, Chap at work brought it power steering pump has just gone
do i feel bad,Wish it had gone on the bay now
good luch chap

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have just bought a kia carrens and what i did was to remove the centre consel and to give the linkage a liberal packing with grease as i beleive this is a weak spot on the carrens as it is only plastick and i think that is why it goes all sloppy because it wears because it does not have any lubrication and wears away qwick

ley

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi i have ju
st bought a kia karrens and i thought the linkage was a bit weak so what i did was to remove the the centre consul and to pack the linkagen with grease as it is only plastick and has no lubrication on it and i think that is why it wears away so qwick it seems to have helped and has made the gear change more positive and easy to use will be checking it again at the end of the month and puting more grease onit to keep it smooth opethis helps chee chee

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI

My kia sedona gearstick has just went floppy when driving ~ called out roadside support ~ he thinks its the selector as the gears seem to be going in but keep falling bacxk out ~ anyone know a rough price this would cost to fix

Thanks

·
Registered
487 Posts
Its an issue on the Forte manual gearbox too,the culprit: bushings on the gearbox control.

·
Registered
487 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts