Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hi,

They said that KIA didn't reply to them on what they should do with it. Which is interesting. They are taking my word/videos for it that there is a fault but KIA is not advising on how to proceed.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
483 Posts
Hi,

They said that KIA didn't reply to them on what they should do with it. Which is interesting. They are taking my word/videos for it that there is a fault but KIA is not advising on how to proceed.
So what do they recommend, they can't just leave you with the problem surely.

Have you tried PMing KCS from here asking for them to engage with your dealer to resolve the problem

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So what do they recommend, they can't just leave you with the problem surely.

Have you tried PMing KCS from here asking for them to engage with your dealer to resolve the problem
I did send a message to KCS on this forum, they said it would be best to leave car with dealer for few days so it's run daily.

Dealer told me to monitor the fault.

KCS over the phone don't event want to hear me out because it's for dealer to sort out.

Looks like I'm left with the problem.

Honestly no further ideas.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
483 Posts
I would have hoped that KCS would have looked at this post and tried to help you out but I would suggest there are two or three things to try.

1. If you dealer is local go down and speak to the general manager there, if not local phone, tell him the story, explain your had the problem since 9000 miles and that his service department are shrugging their shoulders and Kia are pointing the issue back to the dealer, just ask for his personal help in getting this FAULT fixed. Don't let him fob you off with more pointless investigations, you have the video evidence and the dealer clearly has no solution so it has to be Kia who instruct them what to do.

2. PM KCS again saying the above and asking for their intervention so that you can get this fault fixed.

3. Write to Paul Philpott [email protected] the Kia UK CEO asking for his help, he wont read it as all emails to him are intercepted by a senior KCS person but it will be someone more senior in KCS which might do the trick.

Be persistent, perhaps try a different dealer, but if you do start at the top as there is no point just giving it to the service department again. You could consider The Motor Ombudsman but my experience of them tells me its a long winded process that will very likely get you nowhere.

Please keep us informed

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I would have hoped that KCS would have looked at this post and tried to help you out but I would suggest there are two or three things to try.

1. If you dealer is local go down and speak to the general manager there, if not local phone, tell him the story, explain your had the problem since 9000 miles and that his service department are shrugging their shoulders and Kia are pointing the issue back to the dealer, just ask for his personal help in getting this FAULT fixed. Don't let him fob you off with more pointless investigations, you have the video evidence and the dealer clearly has no solution so it has to be Kia who instruct them what to do.

2. PM KCS again saying the above and asking for their intervention so that you can get this fault fixed.

3. Write to Paul Philpott [email protected] the Kia UK CEO asking for his help, he wont read it as all emails to him are intercepted by a senior KCS person but it will be someone more senior in KCS which might do the trick.

Be persistent, perhaps try a different dealer, but if you do start at the top as there is no point just giving it to the service department again. You could consider The Motor Ombudsman but my experience of them tells me its a long winded process that will very likely get you nowhere.

Please keep us informed
Thank you Very much for your support.
Spoken with CS over the phone, I actually got someone who cares this time. Chap asked me to call him tomorrow to follow up, he said he will contact the dealer directly and get to the bottom of it why they were not chasing them for answers.
GM at the dealer is aware, he was the one that apparently fired request to KIA.

Thanks for the tip about Paul, I will launch an email tomorrow about the whole thing, just need to make sure I'll word it in cohesive format.

Thank you again to your support.

Weird question to anyone who has Sportage or Optima 1.6 DCT, they will have the same transmission. can you check if there is a jitter from clutch when moving from the lights, here are things i've noticed. :
1. let go of break pedal and let car roll a bit, then gently add pressure on accelerator, see if it jitters, especially on cold engine.
2. Naturally when engine is at optimal temperature, when moving from stand still, immediately after letting go of the break pedal, press accelerator quickly about half way, it shouldn't spin the wheels but in my case revs go up to about 2700 -3000rpm with very little movement from the car itself.
3. when approaching roundabout and the car slows down to about 4-6mph, and when pressing accelerator does the car drop the gear to 1st or just grinds the clutch on the 2nd gear?

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
483 Posts
Thank you Very much for your support.
Spoken with CS over the phone, I actually got someone who cares this time. Chap asked me to call him tomorrow to follow up, he said he will contact the dealer directly and get to the bottom of it why they were not chasing them for answers.
GM at the dealer is aware, he was the one that apparently fired request to KIA.

Thanks for the tip about Paul, I will launch an email tomorrow about the whole thing, just need to make sure I'll word it in cohesive format.

Thank you again to your support.

Weird question to anyone who has Sportage or Optima 1.6 DCT, they will have the same transmission. can you check if there is a jitter from clutch when moving from the lights, here are things i've noticed. :
1. let go of break pedal and let car roll a bit, then gently add pressure on accelerator, see if it jitters, especially on cold engine.
2. Naturally when engine is at optimal temperature, when moving from stand still, immediately after letting go of the break pedal, press accelerator quickly about half way, it shouldn't spin the wheels but in my case revs go up to about 2700 -3000rpm with very little movement from the car itself.
3. when approaching roundabout and the car slows down to about 4-6mph, and when pressing accelerator does the car drop the gear to 1st or just grinds the clutch on the 2nd gear?
Delighted you have found someone in KCS to support you.

I don't have a Sportage but I've driven a number of cars with DCT gearboxes and my view is as follows:

2. Is indicative of a slipping clutch.

3. Driving at low speed if you suddenly accelerate the gearbox might drop a gear or stay in gear but there shouldn't be any grinding.

1. Might also be caused by a slipping clutch but being cold it could be slipping & catching which would give the feeling of jittering.

None of these symptoms are normal in my view though so they are worth writing down and giving to your dealer

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi,
I have a 68 plate Optima 1.6 DCT, I do have a very intermittent judder when moving off with the gearbox temp at normal.
As I say it is very intermittent, I can go days without it juddering then get a day when it will judder repeatedly when moving off. I always use the Auto-Hold when in stop go traffic, so the clutch is disengaged. I have mentioned the judder to my KIA dealer but sods law no judder on the test drive.
Fortunately my car does not suffer any of the other problems you have. There does seem to be a problem with KIA's DCT dry clutch system.
@trinity Did have a new clutch pack fitted to his car and as far as I know this cured the juddering etc..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hi,
I have a 68 plate Optima 1.6 DCT, I do have a very intermittent judder when moving off with the gearbox temp at normal.
As I say it is very intermittent, I can go days without it juddering then get a day when it will judder repeatedly when moving off. I always use the Auto-Hold when in stop go traffic, so the clutch is disengaged. I have mentioned the judder to my KIA dealer but sods law no judder on the test drive.
Fortunately my car does not suffer any of the other problems you have. There does seem to be a problem with KIA's DCT dry clutch system.
@trinity Did have a new clutch pack fitted to his car and as far as I know this cured the juddering etc..
HI,
Try this, don't use autohold, just let it slowly roll for a second and then gently press accelerator pedal see if it will shudder a bit, if not try the same thing in manual mode. Manual seems to provoke it more in my case. one more thing, give it a go in sport and manual, see if it will do it more often.

·
Registered
41 Posts
HI,
Try this, don't use autohold, just let it slowly roll for a second and then gently press accelerator pedal see if it will shudder a bit, if not try the same thing in manual mode. Manual seems to provoke it more in my case. one more thing, give it a go in sport and manual, see if it will do it more often.
Hi, @cmlcorp
I will give it a go tomorrow and report back with the outcome...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hi,
Was the new clutch pack fitted under warranty or was it out of customer's pocket?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Was the new clutch pack fitted under warranty or was it out of customer's pocket?

Yes the work was done under warranty see post #30

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi, @cmlcorp
I will give it a go tomorrow and report back with the outcome...
HI,
Done all the above and no judder..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have a but of an update, dealer started tech case internally with KIA.

By the sounds of things they have Master technician on the case and few other high ranking people to come up with resolution.

If you ever need an update from them ask them to check the notes too.

I will keep you posted on progress

Special thanks for great help to macgd016

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everyone,

Car is booked for 25th for yet another diagnostics. I don't know what will be different this time.

Now they informed me that clutch linings will be out of warranty because it has passed warranty period and warranty only applies if problem was diagnosed within time frame completely disregarding the fact that I was pushed backwards and forwards and despite the fact first dealer didn't bother to look into the problem properly and stated that its probably glow plugs and I should drive it gently.

Needless to say I'm loosing my will to live and I honestly think that it will be first and last KIA ever due to lack of care from them.

I will report back once I have something further.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts