Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya, so last week my daughter locked herself in my car and we had to smash the little triangular window in the back to get in as i dont have a spare key( wasn't given a spare when I purchased) I have tapped that up but when I went to use my car yesterday the key fob is not connecting to the car at all- the mirrors aren't coming down or anything.

is it likely to be the battery in the fob or have I don't something by smashing that window.

ANY help is appreciated.

Thanks Charl

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
The proximity activation of the mirrors does not rely upon the fob battery - there is an RFID transducer inside the fob which is completely passive and responds only when powered by the appropriate RFID scanner. If the fob does not activate the central locking too then this is suggestive of a flat car battery. You can gain access using the emergency key in the lock behind the driver's door handle. I am assuming you have a Sportage but it would help if you were to:

a) post your question in the appropriate model/year section

and

b) provide some detail of the exact vehicle you have

BTW it should not be possible to lock the car with the fob inside the vehicle because the afore mentioned RFID chip is detected by the car. At least that should be how it is so there might also be something wrong with either the RFID chip or the RFID scanner in the car.

·
Super Moderator
2,768 Posts
Hi & welcome.
As per Turnup.
Please provide some more car details so we know what we are looking at.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you press the lock door button on the drivers door does it not lock the drivers door. I was under the impression that all doors locked. I your nipper did this possibly the mirror retract switch has been changed, on the same panel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts