Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Room. I have a 56 plate MK2 Sorento XS and on occassion at about 50 to 60 MPH i get a judder.
Its as if its missing.

Now if i put my foot down it just simply powers through it and it does not always happen.

Just a couple of judders is all that happens.

I was thinking of fuel sensor or throtle sensor or auto gearbox sensor etc.

any advice would be great.

Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi
Just read about your miss fire,I had the same problem on my 57 XTdiesel auto,I bought the vehicle new the problem was from day one until I traded in for a new one a month ago.I knew Kia would not be able to find the problem and it would have been in and out of the garage forever and a day and as I work from the vehicle every day it was something I lived with.I did report it when it was serviced but it never improved,I put it down to a software problem.My new Sorento is fine although the last few from about September with the face lift grills where remapped to get the emmissions down to 224 grams from 228 to get the £215 tax.Did you get yours sorted?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still have the judder so i guess i will have to live with it. apart from that its a lovely car.
Whats this i hear about remapping to get tax at a lower band.

Any advice there would be excelent.

Cheers all

·
Registered
662 Posts
its not possible to move tax bands the cars are rated when first launched are you sure its misfireing or is it a suspension judder worth looking at your tyre tread depths Sorento does not like diffrences in front to rear tread depths ie new tyres on front and 3/4 worn on rears also make sure the correct oil has been used in the transfer box as this can cause the clutch pack in the box to judder this gives a judder at speed

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just had it serviced at Kia Warrington so im suspecting the levels should be OK.
The judder is only minor and does not always happen.

Its just a quick stutter about 55 to 60 mph and its very quick adn most would not notice it but im a bit tuned in to things like that.

Ill put up with it as its not that intrusive until i buy the new model ha i wish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts