Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
since updating the softeare on my 2022 Soul Maxx I can’t get the profiles to save a user name following a restart. It’s ok until the car is restarted and it goes back to ‘driver 1’ as the name. I also have issues with miles changing to km when switching profiles - anyone else having issues?
Here is the detail of my update;
Platform
Standard-class Gen5W Navigation
Updated
Model
SK3BE.55BLC. AEU
Software version
SK3_E 22.EUR.55W_L.001.001.220211

OTA (Over-the-air) update
Update available (¿10.01.2029)
Firmware version
5K3_E_22.EUR.02.220127.MICOM~
Navigation app version
STD5W.EUR.KMC.220126.99a9bb7
Map version
EUR.14,47.48.631.501.5

·
Super Moderator
9,401 Posts
Mine seems to have defaulted to my full name. Not sure where it has pulled this from. As it's not part of the email used to sign up.
So best guess is that name is linked to VIN.

Keep meaning to shorten it, as do not like full name being displayed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine seems to have defaulted to my full name. Not sure where it has pulled this from. As it's not part of the email used to sign up.
So best guess is that name is linked to VIN.

Keep meaning to shorten it, as do not like full name being displayed.
Yes - if i link my kia account the profile displays my email and can’t be changed to a name…. It’s all very messy. I just would like the profile names and settings to stay after a car restart and they don’t! I might try a reset and see if that does anything.

·
Super Moderator
9,401 Posts
Re above. Got back in car and was back to before.
Reset back to above.
Opened Connect App.
tap on 3 dots (bottom Right) > User Settings > User Profile > User Profile Backup > Then run the back up. Takes seconds.
It has now retained details after restart.

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
581 Posts
The problem is not everyone wants to link their driver profile to a kia account. In which case this is definitely a regression they should fix.
it seems to me they messed up the profile switching and settings loading features. In my experience it’s down to lack of testing: someone fixed a bug and introduced two more…

·
Registered
Niro PHEV MY20 Gen5W & Picanto automatic MY19 Gen5 Compact
2 Posts
Niro PHEV MY 20
GENW5
Updated: 11 February 2022

I have the same problem with the profile name of the second driver (my wife) changing back after switching off.

My full name appears as driver 1 presumably because I set up the link to Kia Connect using my mobile number.

I’d also report that the dreaded - - - speed limit appears when first turning out of our drive onto the road which is 30 mph. It stays like that until we turn left about 1 mile further on at which point it comes up as 30 mph. There is no speed limit sign here but the whole journey so far has been 30 mph. A few hundred yards after the 30 mph speed limit is displayed the limit drops to 20 mph, with a sign, and the display responds correctly.

As we return home, from the opposite direction, the correct 30 mph is displayed as we travel down the road that, when we started, had been showing as - - -

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

·
Super Moderator
9,401 Posts
The problem is not everyone wants to link their driver profile to a kia account. In which case this is definitely a regression they should fix.
it seems to me they messed up the profile switching and settings loading features. In my experience it’s down to lack of testing: someone fixed a bug and introduced two more…
Can you have a profile without a Connect account?

Well the idea that a profile back up did not work.
Back to full name this morning. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ve changed my name on my Kia account and the app account as I don’t want my full name on the car screen. I’ll see if it has any effect next time I go out.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Can you have a profile without a Connect account?

Well the idea that a profile back up did not work.
Back to full name this morning. 🤷‍♂️
Yes you can have a profile without a Kia connect account.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I’ve changed my name on my Kia account and the app account as I don’t want my full name on the car screen. I’ll see if it has any effect next time I go out.
I tried that and it didn’t work for me. I raised a customer services request still waiting for an answer.

·
Super Moderator
9,401 Posts
Well I've changed name in My Kai & also other Kia space online in website user area. Still full name.
Set up a 2nd profile with no like to connect. When turning car on tady this was back to Driver 2.

So clearly something amiss in the whole saving of user entered details.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I've changed name in My Kai & also other Kia space online in website user area. Still full name.
Set up a 2nd profile with no like to connect. When turning car on tady this was back to Driver 2.

So clearly something amiss in the whole saving of user entered details.
Yes i think so. I’m not sure if Kia are aware of the issue - I think that an software update is needed to sort it out. Scheduled charging also does not stay configured either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts