Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Settings (3<SUP>rd</SUP> button down on the right) †'System †'Clock.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Mmmm, thats strange.
Just checked mine and have 12H & Summer and it is spot on.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hi

I havent even picked up my new Kia yet so this advice might beabsoluterubbish but have you a clock on the dash thats an hour out as well and the Sat Nav is taking it from there? My present motor works a bit like that.

regards
TP

·
Registered
536 Posts
my pro_ceed takes the time from the dash. Along with if the lights are on it puts the sat nav in night mode and lowers the brightness.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not sure what model you have, but the KIA Sat-Nav takes its time from the GPS signal, so if you have this, then it has to be something related to the settings.
Only reason I know this, is that if you push the "Time" button as soon as you start the car, it will respond with an error along the lines of "Clock still synching with GPS"

Not sure if the above helps, hope it does

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the model I have is the 1.6 Premium (in the UK it would be the

1.6 GDi '3'2WD model, if such model existed).

From what I know the 1.6 model with SAT-NAV in the UK is not sold but it is available here in Cyprus!

The time doesn't seem to come from the dash since in the dash there is no time indication.
I am inclined to agree with Beachbum that the time comes from the GPS signal - the thing is what settings do you change in the SAT-NAV unit to fix this issue?? The dealer offered me no solution (they said that all SAT-NAV KIAs have this problem in Cyprus).

Any ideas on the settings that I need to mess with??
<div id="proMenu7" ="dropDownMenu">

·
Registered
453 Posts
This is a complete long shot but have you got maping for cyprus, because I have tried to get cyprus maps for various sat navs (tom tom etc ) and cannot get them, maybe there is something in this , having said this it should still pick up satellites to get a fix etc no matter where you are.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There must be an offset to determine timezone, as my understanding is that GPS works on GMT, or UT as the yanks have started to call it(or Zulu in the military for some strange reason)

The Dealer or KIA must know how to set the timezone, even if it doesnt say Cyprus, just choose one that has the same difference to GMT

·
Registered
536 Posts
Mines the one fitted to the pro_ceed 4 which to what I've seen by sticking my head in the showroom sportage looks the same. Threre is a separate clock in the car though and the buttons to change the time I directly above the satnav. Maybe it's a location rarther than time problem. Is there a menu to set your timezone? As silly as it sounds. But on all the portable sat-nav's I've owned (mostly high end tomtom and garmins) when traveling to France, even though they know where I am, they didn't correct the time to be an hour faster

1 - 11 of 11 Posts