Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before, have a 66 reg kia picanto 1.25 sport isg, and the clutch pedal has loads of play before anything happens. The actually biting point of the clutch is just above the floor, and since the pedal doesn't have much resistance, it makes it pretty tough to drive smoothly in lower gears. Has anyone else come across this, can you fix/adjust this straight at the pedal or does the cable need looking at? Have put up with this for over a year now but switching between driving this car and a VW van everyday and the difference is driving me insane, I get back in my car and can hardly drive it. How it feels, I think it shouldn't be like that, curious to see if anyone else's is the same or different.

Many thanks,
James

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Hi there, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before, have a 66 reg kia picanto 1.25 sport isg, and the clutch pedal has loads of play before anything happens. The actually biting point of the clutch is just above the floor, and since the pedal doesn't have much resistance, it makes it pretty tough to drive smoothly in lower gears. Has anyone else come across this, can you fix/adjust this straight at the pedal or does the cable need looking at? Have put up with this for over a year now but switching between driving this car and a VW van everyday and the difference is driving me insane, I get back in my car and can hardly drive it. How it feels, I think it shouldn't be like that, curious to see if anyone else's is the same or different.

Many thanks,
James
Sounds as though it just needs adjusting. If you don't feel confident enough to tackle it (or, like me, can't stand the cold) why not call your dealer and get them to do it - it's a quick job.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
It would seem that this car has a self adjusting clutch cable from what I read in this thread..but can't find anything online to help this poster..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts