Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Sportage windows are remarkably small, in height at any rate, especially in the rear, where I want to fit a sun shade for my little boy. Standard shades are way too big, so I considered theroller blind type. However the user reviews of the few types I have found have a recurring observation of the blinds falling off and having to be regularly reattached. Many retailers also neglect to give the dimensions, and I'm reluctant to buy on-line, without having any real idea of how effective, or even what size the shades are.
Has any bought, or can anyone recommend a good reliable shade that will fit the windows and stay in place?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ah well, 70 views on this thread, and no-one has been able tocome up with a suggestion. That'll keep the wife off my case, for being useless, for a while at least. But the respite will only be temporary!

·
Registered
84 Posts
you should have them priced up for tinting, for the two rear passanger windows and the rear screen it shouldnt cost no more than £150, i know its alot of money as the price of window blinds are cheaper, but they [blinds]are not doing the job so you might have to go down the route of tinting them

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Window-tinting seems a little extreme, for the few occasions I'm carrying my 3 month old in the car, and the general nature of UK weather. The wife would be perfectly happy with an effective shade or blind, that fits the rather unusual dimensions of the Sportage rear passenger window.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've found a Clippasafe roller blind. The window clips are a bit too wide to attach to the top of the window and look like they would prevent the window closing, but suction cups are also provided, and they seem to be working well. The blind can be lowered toany desired height, and is sprung so can be retracted at the push of a buttonwhen not in use. Better still they don't have pictures of cartoon characters, just simple black mesh
The wife is happy with it, which makes my life much easier

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.