Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There
Have just recently joined and have just very recently bought a 2015 (65 plate) Sportage.......and I love it.
I'm seriously thinking of purchasing some side steps to the car. 2 reasons one because i think they make the car look even more beefy. Secondly, to help my elderly relatives get in and out of the car more easily. Any advice please. Thank you Lorenzo

Premium Member
Welcome Dino - but you'll get a better/quicker answer from the Sportage owners' forum for 2015 so I'm moving your thread there! 馃

Registered
I agree that they do look good, however most folk that have them report that they make it more difficult to get in and out and they also tend to get dirt on your trouser legs.

Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
As @Turnup says they do not help getting in an out of the car. We had two 4x4 many years ago, both with side steps, and they were a pain in the posterior!
The problem is they are usually to narrow, so you can't get your foot onto them without either twisting your foot sideways, or you step in using the ball of your foot, something us older types aren't keen on doing. Getting out is worse, there is no way you can get your heel fully on the step and it's difficult to set your foot in a way that you will have a firm step, it's not a natural action.

Registered
This is a matter of opinion, to be honest.
I have side steps, that came with the car a 2013 KX4. They are a bit wider than most I have seen and they do enhance the look In my view. As they are a little wider, and the car being fairly high they do and can work as a step if required.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts