Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've recently ordered a 3-Sat Nav in white and have since noticed a couple knocking about with side skirts and skid plates on the vehicle.

I think this really sets the car off.

I'm looking into getting these

Side rails -
http://www.direct4x4.co.uk/p-1473-kia-sportage-2010-onwards-running-boards.aspx

Skid F - http://www.direct4x4.co.uk/c-4-special-offers.aspx

SkidR - http://www.direct4x4.co.uk/p-1458-kia-sportage-2010-onwards-rear-skid-plate.aspx

Does anybody know of cheaper or better ones that are available?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Stick with the original Kia ones? No doubt someone will be on saying that the quality of the patern parts is great, but to be honest I wouldn't put anything else on a new car that was still in warranty period. Dealer will sort you out, they're dealer fit anyway- I ordered them for my White 2.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I do prefer the KIA steps to be honest, that bracket under the car on those direct 4x4 ones looks chunky?!

Paul

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much are they "fitted" from KIA?

For all 3 parts (side, front & Rear)

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
<div style="line-height: 1.4; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-size: 12px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">You could almost be forgiven for thinking that the first post was an advert for Direct 4x4.

However, I like that their skid plates are aluminium rather than vacuum moulded ABS like I believe the KIA ones are.

IMHO The running boards don't look as good as the KIA ones and reduce the ground clearance too much.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Cool,

Get some pics up when fitted

I cant decide on the Skid Plates, as my car is silver im not sure if the skid plates suit it.

Edited by: Datamonkey

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I was bit dubious as well but I looked at a silver car with them fitted at the weekend and I have to say they set of the front nicely. I couldn't see the back.

Mrs Techno has now added them to her Christmas list along with the detachable tow bar and boot liner. This car is going to cost me a fortune.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi New to the forum.

Have the side steps and the front and back skid pans on mine and they do look great.
will put some pictures on at the weekend

·
Registered
14 Posts
Techno said:
I was bit dubious as well but I looked at a silver car with them fitted at the weekend and I have to say they set of the front nicely. I couldn't see the back.

Mrs Techno has now added them to her Christmas list along with the detachable tow bar and boot liner. This car is going to cost me a fortune.

A word of warning, it appears you cannot have the rear skid pad with a towbar fitted as well.I like them too, think I need a towbar more though.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
AyOwZe said:
A word of warning, it appears you cannot have the rear skid pad with a towbar fitted as well.I like them too, think I need a towbar more though.
I agree, the towbar is the first priority. However, I'm sure I can sort out a rear skid plate as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Techno,

Please let me know how you get on with that, as you know I'm interested in the subject of rear skid plate and towbar debate.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
AyOwZe said:
Hi Techno,

Please let me know how you get on with that, as you know I'm interested in the subject of rear skid plate and towbar debate.

Cheers.

I will... just need to get the car first. Supposed to be picking it up next week but everything has gone very quiet.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Cool,

Get those pics up once done :)

Need to get a quote for the front a rear plates fitted, i like the look of them. My wife is the one who is unsure about them lol.

Depends on cost really at the moment, the car needs to go in as the drivers door handle needs to be replaced as it was poorly chromed, they have just informed me its arrived.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts