Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my 2013 Kia Cee'd since November last year and while it was fine to begin with, small niggles eventually developed into more serious issues pretty quickly but I don't know exactly what to do from here

Part of me wants to take it to a mechanic and have them confirm my suspicions but the other half wants a vehicle inspection so I have an entire rundown of what needs to be fixed exactly, what should I do?

Super Moderator
No harm in checking round the car to see what problems you have before taking to a dealer.
As ever for your age of car a well recommended independent would make the most sense, rather than a franchised dealer.

But if you are able to describe some of the issues. Hopefully other owners may have some pointers if there is a easy fix.

Reactions: Phil in Wales

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No harm in checking round the car to see what problems you have before taking to a dealer.
As ever for your age of car a well recommended independent would make the most sense, rather than a franchised dealer.

But if you are able to describe some of the issues. Hopefully other owners may have some pointers if there is a easy fix.
I don't think there's an easy fix with my car, at the top of my head I think I've got a wheel bearing on the way out, track rod end that's clunking about or maybe it's the spring instead and 2 days ago I started hearing a whine from the fuel pump

Edit* also when I meant vehicle inspection I meant more like paying the AA or the RAC to do a full checkup sorry

Super Moderator
TBH. The cost of the AA/RAC check up is not really worth it, if you have a good garage.

Wheel bearing is easy to check.
Jack car up (make sure it is safe). Grip wheel at each side and push/pull, do the same top & bottom & if bearing has gone you will feel play in the wheel. Same if you spin it round, you should hear it rumbling, but might need to take caliper off if that is rubbing a bit.
Check Track rod end while it is up as well.

Reactions: Phil in Wales

Registered
I'd also recommend finding a decent, well reviewed/recommended garage over an AA type inspection. If it's a smallish place, you can discuss the symptoms with the mechanic/owner, maybe even be shown the eventual problem. Anecdotal reports from acquaintances suggest going to a repair-chain with a non-specific problem, often leads to a frustrating, and possibly expensive, customer experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts