Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i have been looking at Kia Sorento's for the last few months with the prospect of swapping my 17 yearold Pajero, whichi have ownedfor 5 trouble free years.
But after reading Kia Owners Club forums about the lots and lots of faults you Kia owners have had i am having second thoughts.

Has anyone got anything good to say about the Kia Sorento?

your help would be greatly appreciated.

Shogun.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes deffinately but .....
Ihave been towing caravans for 25+ years the sorrento has been the best towcar I have ever owned the build quality isgreat the drive is very good.

I have done over 15000 miles and towed the caravan most weekends in the UK it averages -

27mpg normal driving and 24 mpg towing. all in all great value for money.

Mine has suffered a major failure of the gearbox but until its repaired I dont know the cause I will post when I know more however 3 of my freinds all tow with the Sorrento and they have owned the car for longer and covered more miles than me maybe I am just the unlucky one. My advice is buy a Sorrento but make sure the drive train is thoroughly checked - newer cars will be covered under warranty of course.
Edited by: UncleMart

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Uncle Mart, i probably will buy a Sorento 07 or 08 plate, i have looked at some of the other4x4s out there but Kiaticks all the boxs for me.i will try and find a reputable dealer and make sure i get one with full service history and a good warranty.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's true to say the current and outgoing Sorento isn't without its problems but i would say its not the worst of the bunch.

It was Kia's first venture into the real 4x4 market and just got better as production went on. They've been heavily discounted from new so picking up a second hand bargain relative to other big 4X4's shouldn't be difficult. Try to go for 08 onwards.

Like the new Santa Fe over its predecessor, the new 2010 Sorento is a different animal altogether and the price point on the entry level models are going to rocket compared the outgoing model.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Unfortunatly, people dont talk about the good news, only the bad. So if you are looking on the forums, you will mainly see bad reports. Why would the average joe go boasting about their kia on the net??

Reliablity wise, I may be mistaken but they seem to be very reliable, proven engine, basic and sound built principals and capable of hauling one heck of a weight. Dependant on what you are looking for there should be a sorento to suit you.

Late platers, 58 and on are in short supply at the moment, so commanding a premuim. Should have no issue getting a decent 07 -08 plater tho, got 5 on my pitch as it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
well have been to the south off france in my sorento we have had the car since july 09 and done 7000 truble free miles it tows like a train only thing i dont like is the lecky aerial off up scotland at crimbo with the caravan cart wait to get on the road

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had one for 18 months. t tows a caravan with total weight of 1.5 tonnes like it isn't there. This week it has eaten up the snow. I couldn't praise it higher. You have probably bought one by now. I am sure you are delighted!

·
Registered
662 Posts
well said NSmith forums tend to be places people look to have problems solved so why visit when it ok

sorento is a great towcar ask any owner on any site

we wnt to cornwall last year and my kids counted 54 sorentos on site

1 - 9 of 9 Posts