Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Shipping times

40K views 75 replies 21 participants last post by  Ancient Nerd 
#1 ·
Hi All I ordered my Kia Niro EV back in October and was given a 22 week delivery time I’ve just been updated by the dealership that my car has now been shipped 🤣 does anyone know how long a sail it is before it arrives in UK?

#2 ·
My daughter in Edinburgh ordered an eNiro2 way back in July. She was given an early November delivery date, which has since been moved on twice. On Christmas Eve she was told that it is on the shio and somewhere in the Indian Ocean. Delivery is now promised on or before Jan 16th!

#4 ·
Hi All I ordered my Kia Niro EV back in October and was given a 22 week delivery time I’ve just been updated by the dealership that my car has now been shipped [emoji1787] does anyone know how long a sail it is before it arrives in UK?
Your best bet is checking Schedule - EUKOR and look for shipping between Pyeongtaek and Immingham. That is the ship between Kia Korea and the staging area in Hull. Add 10-14 days on top of that to get to your dealer.

Reactions: mr.macspot
#15 ·
Yeah I have seen that as I’ve tracked them I’m hoping my car is on the Linda but my dealership say they can’t confirm it ? They only been told it is being shipped do I think it will be on Linda but I can only see wen it is due to teach Suez I can’t see wen it will reach Immingham but thanks for the info

#19 ·
The Asian Captain docked at Birmingham yesterday morning (02.00hrs), with my daughter's eNiro on board (she hopes! The car was ordered last August, so there is a bit of a delay.....

#21 ·
Well I know Birmingham has a good canal network (more than Venice) But they tend to be a bit narrow for a car transporter 🤪

Unless we are talking about Birmingham Alabama, but again that's a bit landlocked.

#23 ·
Morning Linda, which had been due to Immingham today (6th Feb), is now docking at Tilbury before going to Sweden. The port change, from Immingham, happened early Saturday morning. Not sure what that means of any Kia’s onboard.

#24 ·
Yes I’ve seen this it was due in tilbury 12.00 today but that has now changed to 06.00 tomorrow the 7th ?? I’m guessing they will unload then ?? mine is on it so not sure the time frame of it getting to my dealership and then contacting me ??

#26 ·
No idea but it was originally heading to Immingham and then a last min change to tilbury yesterday ?? No idea why
But done has now said after tilbury it’s destination us Sweden ??
if it’s not Immingham I’m hoping they will still take the Kia’s off ??

#30 ·
No idea but it was originally heading to Immingham and then a last min change to tilbury yesterday ?? No idea why
But done has now said after tilbury it’s destination us Sweden ??
if it’s not Immingham I’m hoping they will still take the Kia’s off ??

Well given the weather in that is area.... Very strong wind. Then alternating heavy rain, hail & snow...

Last night was really bad.

#28 · (Edited)
@Albill, no idea. When they added the initial diversion EUKOR schedule site had it being at Tilbury for two days before departing for Sweden. That allows a long time for offloading.

However, I’ve looked all over for any reference if Kia and Hyundai have shared their ports of entry and found nothing. After Sweden it comes back to Southampton then onto Antwerp and Germany. I can only speculate what will happen now.

Edit: After departing Germany, Morning Linda appears to be heading straight back to the Far East.

#31 ·
Hi, I'm pretty sure my car is also on the Morning Linda, I've been tracking it for weeks now and as you said, was bound for Immingham until yesterday. I know there is a Hyundai depot there, perhaps they are being offloaded there for onward travel. I just hope it's not delayed getting to the dealer, I've only been waiting since April for it🙄

#32 ·
Wow April I bought mine in October and I live in Grimsby right next to Immingham and pass the Kia depot nearly every day
I’m also tracking it and it should get to tilbury in morning ?
looking back Kia have used this port before Immingham so I’m hoping they take them off
Where are you based ? as I am also hoping that once I see the ship moored to contact my dealership to see if the status has changed and a guide to timeframes
If I hear anything I’ll let you know if you could do the same I’d appreciate any glimmer of hope

#33 ·
I'm in NE London so actually really quite close to Tilbury. Dealer said they were expecting it to them on the 28th but that was before the change of port, I'll touch base with them but I've found they won't say anything unless I approach them first so we shall see

#35 ·
Grande new York docked at Immingham car terminal instead this morning after hanging around the mouth of the humber for a day or so,also sailed from South Korea but was due to dock a good few days ago so I reckon the shipping's all gone to cock so probably that's why the morning Linda docked at tilbury.

#36 · (Edited)
Edit: @Beaz posted his much less wordy version at the time I was writing my mini essay. Will leave this up anyway! 🥴

I’m getting a Stinger with Stoneacre leasing. The initial contact there, Mike, was friendly and helpful with all queries I had never done a pch before. When I signed the agreement and paid the small handling fee I was handed off to their ‘admin team’. I fear this ‘team‘ is one overworked person, and the two occasions I have emailed for a clarification over the last 3 months made me feel like a burden.

Due to this I’ve attempted to do my own research into where, when, what etc and complete guesswork made me believe Morning Linda was “my” ship. I did have a notification of a ’Due to Dealer’ date being the 17th of this month.

Interestingly, Immingham currently has ‘Grande New York’ docked, operated by Grimaldi lines. It appears this ship had been due on the 4th Feb into Immingham, but anchored offshore for a couple of days. This may be due to the poor weather?

“Get to the point!“ - I hear you cry!

Well, this ship departed Inchon on the 28th December, after leaving Pyeongtaek on the 23rd December after being there for three days. Maybe some of our cars on that?

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.