Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moving on from the cold start thread and new picanto's lose in performance. I noticed the same things only when i added a tank of fuel save from shell. I have finally been able to run that down and today fill up with another fuel and i have already noticed an increase in performance. It is not so laggy and more responsive when foot down.

I would like to be able to gauge who else has or does not have problems with Shell in the New Picanto.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I wonder if all these problems maybe due to the tune of the engine, i.e. kia lean off the fuel system in order to save fuel? and perhaps the fuelling needs to be slightly richer?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I heard on other sites that fuel save was not great. I am sure Shell has dropped it now as my shell station doesn't have any advertising of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I swear by ShellSave and will not use anything like the cheap stuff that supermarkets offer at a lower price. I have owned a Kia since 1994, first the Pride then two Picantos and now have a week old Picanto 2 Ecodynamic from new. I get really good mileage from filling up with Shell (and being a 78 year old the pension can still afford the £1.40.9 a litre). I have driven with mileage in mind for years and now I am getting 50mpg from the Ecodynamic, even though it meant putting 250 miles on the clock in a week.

·
Registered
453 Posts
My wife has a 1.25 ecodynamic also, she fills up with morrisons or tesco and has since she had the car, btw the dealer filled it with asda when we collected it. its got 1300 miles on the clock and is showing an average of 51.2, so i wonder if the extra for shell is worth it

·
Registered
15 Posts
My Picanto 1.0 has been run on Shell Fuelsave constantly, apart from one tank of BP just to see if there was any difference, there wasn't.
I have not had any cold start problems either and now the weather has warmed up I'm getting 50-54mpg overall.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a new picanto 1, 1 air with fuel save I only got 36-38 mpg with shell fuel save. when I changed to sainsbury's I started getting 48-54 mpg, the engine is more responsive and sounds much better. I get 40-45 just running around town.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My car runs better on tesco fuel, than fuel save. Go figure that one out. With the bad reputation tesco have for fuel. Iavoidputting shell in to my picanto and since i have my car runs as sweet as a nut.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've tried the fuel save and found my equinox run horrible on it , I then changed to tescos momentum 99 which was loverly and found the mpg better and the engine was more resonsive and smoother running :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts