Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

From the oil thread, do you take your own oil with you? This is the first car I bought from new and don't really know what to expect, I was assuming that I just take the car for servicing and they do the rest, but if I can take the oil with and save me some cash I'm all for it.

Thanks

David

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
It is usual to let the garage do the lot. However, with the cost of modern synthetic oils you can save yourself a quite considerable sum (£40 on my car) if you supply the oil yourself.

However, I would advise that you contact your garage beforehand and get their agreement before you go out and buy the oil. If they don't like it, you can always go elsewhere.

·
Registered
48 Posts

Interesting point, with my previous Audi I used an independent garage for all servicing following a £700 servicing bill! I think I am correct in stating that "providing the independent garage uses genuine Kia parts" EU legislation prohibits any car manufacturer from insisting that one uses their specific dealerships for servicing. Don't yet know about Kia but doing this with Audi saved me at least 40% servicing costs and had no warranty issues.
Be interested to hear from more informed sources

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
They don't have to be genuine KIA parts... they can be identical parts from the OEM that KIA buys them from.

Not that it really helps.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd like to hear more on this. Kia dealership is 12miles from me and I have a mechanic near me that has worked on my cars before. Also KwikFit is just down the road as well.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
pirespt said:
I'd like to hear more on this. Kia dealership is 12miles from me and I have a mechanic near me that has worked on my cars before. Also KwikFit is just down the road as well.

Only 12 miles? Luxury!

Some advice from 'Which?' here

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.