Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming up to my 20k servicing and enquired about the cost with Gravells, Kidwelly. They quoted me £210~

Does anyone think that's rather steep or is that the norm. Plus can I get my car serviced anywhere else (ie shop around for servicing) for a competative price (and keeping with my warrenty)?

Thanks in advanced

PS. Sorry if this thread has been posted previously!?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
£210 sounds about right. It will include changing the brake fluid and a few things that weren't in the 1st service. Viking Paul should be able to tell you the going rate. Is the service interval for the petrol only 10,000 miles? For my diesel it's 12,500.
You don't have to use a main dealer for servicing, an independant garage is fine for keeping your warranty, so long as they are VAT registered and use parts ofa suitable standard. They will probably not be able to do any engine management updates from Kia though and you may need to have a Kia dealer do the corrosion check if you're worried about the corrosion warranty.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys... wasn't sure and didn't want to get 'ripped off' always best to ask question first and perfer to do that with my forumees than a dealer (even if VP is a dealer)! lol.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Replace Oil and filter, replace air filter, replace diesel filter, change brake fluid and replace pollen filter. Plus the usual inspection of brakes steering etc.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
If you've got a diesel, it's a 37,500 mile service (3rd), not a 40,000 one

. The air filter would normally be inspected, but not changed on the 3rd service, but I recommend changing it more frequently.Edited by: M4trundler

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
M4trundler said:
If you've got a diesel, it's a 37,500 mile service (3rd), not a 40,000 one

. The air filter would normally be inspected, but not changed on the 3rd service, but I recommend changing it more frequently.
That depends on the year M4. My Rio which I dont own now
was an 06 and the book says a 40k mile service.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts