Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i have a 58 plate sorento had it from new and it has just hit the 40,000 miles i know its a bit high mileage but i drive it everywhere.
the problem i have is with the servicing i have been quoted anything from £243 up to £470 for this service and some garages have told me oh yes "thats a big one" to others telling me its just a normal service this includes Kia garages as well as independant ones so can anyone help me and advise what sort of service this is and howmuch roughly i should be paying to get it done as i am totally confussed and dont really want to pay over the odds if its just a normal service

·
Registered
207 Posts
Daz,Although I have a Carens, I expect the handbooks are similar - mine lists what needs doing at each service - some items are "check & replace if necessary".This could explain the difference in quoted prices - some dealers will replace everything under this comment, others only replace as necessary.
Depends on labour rate as well. I'm lucky my KIA dealer charges £55 per hour which is a lot less than some others.

anyway,look in your handbook and to be honest ,as your vehicle is still under warranty I suggest you bite the bullet and have it done at a KIA dealer. This way if any problem arises you're covered.
Like all manufacturers,KIA will try and wriggle out of warranty work. My brother in law had his last service at a non KIA dealer,then had a problem under warranty. The garage he had it done at had to prove to KIA that they used KIA approved parts and KIA recommended oil! Took days to sort out.

Your mileage is not high, my Carens is 15 months old and coming up to 35000.

At worst the dealer should be able to give you a printout of the 40K service schedule.And tell you their labour rate!

Cheers,

Quiltman

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi,
That is a fairly 'big service', our main dealer price is £445, assuming it's the 2.5lt. Dealer prices vary depending where they are in the country.

It is a 2.8 hour service. In which you replace the oil and filter, fuel filter, brake fluid, front and rear diff oils and transfer box oil.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yap, agree...service charge are different from every dealer . Mine had a 60k service at 509 gbp
... 2 months ago, the good thing.... sorento is reliable car, not like my previous landrover's .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts