Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the average cost of a 10,000 mile service is for a CEED
I have just paid £290 for a 30,000 service which is higher than other cars I have owned, I.E. Astra and Mitsubishi Colt

Dave

·
Registered
46 Posts
From the 1st of june 2010 we are now able to have servicing ata garage of your own choice as long as good quality service items including the oil specare used, without the warranty being effected.

We are approx one hour from our dealer which means 4 hours travelling for a garage visit, and from other people on this forum say they have even longer travell times?

I think one has to take advantage of this

Cheers

Carens 08

·
Registered
49 Posts
Price is about right, if you do get service elsewhere, it has to be done by VAT registered company, using correct parts for the car(best to use kia parts)and the correct spec oil. all manufacturers will ask for copy of service history for major warranty repairs, so saving a few quid at service could cost you in the long run.
Also seen lots of kia's with non genuinediesel filters which give lots of problems.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just had the 3rd service on my 2ltr pro -ceed sport , only 13k on clock tho, cost me £195 and got a free 1st MOT. may have been a bit cheaper due to low mileage because i was quoted £208 before they carried out the service?looks like im a winner with the mot thrown in for free!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just had my Carens 08 plate serviced (20,000/2 year) at a yet un-named Garage (for legal reasons) After stumping out £240.00 of my hard worked lolly I asked what they did. When he replied " Oil change. filter change and fuel filter change" I said what else for £240.00. "computer diagnostic check tyre and brake check" I reluctantly paid and sauntered off to my car. I reversed back enough to allow me to pull the bonnet catch. I pulled the dip-stick....... the oil was as black as the Earl of Hell's waistcoat and I could feel grime from it. I then went back inside and complained to the Service Manager who explained that this happens at an oil change to a deisel. I could only concur colour wise, but with no grime. I asked where the oil filter was situated and by this time I had already caused a stir. The mechanic who actually serviced it was at hand and pointed to the oil filter. I immediately drew my finger across it to find an accumulation of dirt. It hadn't been done.
The laddie was sacked on the spot.

Moral of the story............ always check to see if your work has actually been done. If this had been my wife she would have simply driven away none the wiser.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
That's really bad, my mechanic friend did my 3rd service a said that there was no way the brakes were looked at on the previous service at the dealers.
Mine doesn't get done at the dealers anymore - just buy the right parts and do it myself with my mate.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Warrenty intact - I use Kia parts and my mates VAT registered garage does the work.
Book stamped £100`s saved.

Very lucky to have a good mate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi/ to all
i own 2010 sportage 4wd,which is now due its first yr service

3500 on clock.

£203 been quoted from kia parts inc

is this a fair deal !

where can i get a service sheet from, and what parts do they use ( make )

if go to a local gararge

any advice would be great

thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi Buddy, have a look in your service book , should tell you what is replaced and which items are only inspected, just paid £195 for a 3rd year service tho only about 12k on clock???? its low mileage anyway. They did drop me off to work and pick me back up after work (local) so thought that was a good and fair price compared to toyota or VW. hope this helps you.regards
geoff

·
Registered
9 Posts
I paid 210 for a civic type R GT, first oil change after 12 months and about 8k. I would say 200 is about right for 20k cars....

Would have thought cheaper cars should be cheaper and more expensive to buy cars slightly more,

ie 150-300

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Tinbatson not a bad price.
Phone around a few KIA dealers for a quote.

Would suggest you have it service at a KIA dealer as they should do any updates to software or recall work.

Bob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts