Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 Kia Soul Sport has only done 12500 miles from new and needs a service soon. Looking at the service schedule it now needs a big service at 4 years or 40,000 miles at £300+. Seems a bit of a rip off with my milage but I want this service doing by Kia just to address any warranty issues (sunroof been a bit sticky), after that a local garage.

Anyone else had this expensive issue low miles/big service?

Suppose on the bright side they should look at everything in more detail, anyone know what they do look at at this service or have a check sheet?

Cheers Mark

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Fluids age and can get contaminated even when the car is parked. Brake fluid ages mostly with time, not milage.
Things like spark plugs, can be skipped.
Coolant is an anti corrosion fluid and ages with time.
Maybe you can skip the motor and cabin air filters if they are clean, but it would be difficult for a dealer to give you a lower price prior to checking everything.
Air Filters can also get clogged while parked.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fluids age and can get contaminated even when the car is parked. Brake fluid ages mostly with time, not milage.
Things like spark plugs, can be skipped.
Coolant is an anti corrosion fluid and ages with time.
Maybe you can skip the motor and cabin air filters if they are clean, but it would be difficult for a dealer to give you a lower price prior to checking everything.
Air Filters can also get clogged while parked.
Ha yeah that's true, but still does not sound like 300 quids worth!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Service schedule 12months or mileage whichever comes first, you are in the time rule.

Service schedule by item is available in the cars handbook.

Serving not to Kia's schedule will probably cause you pain if you need to use the Kia 7 year warranty.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Totally agree with vengablue. the mileage in your case is totally irrelevant. I have a 2017 Sport (25600K) and my 4th service is due Sept. My previous main dealer services cost £134 1st, £194 2nd and £255 3rd which included map/software updates and MOT.
Try booking your 4 year service via the KIA website and see what price that brings up. If lower than what you've been quoted by the dealer book it via the website

·
Registered
16 Posts
My other car (not a Kia) had its first MOT a month or so ago with 9.5k miles on the clock.
Cost £120 inc genuine parts and fully synthetic oil which ain’t cheep. They even gave me the Ltr of oil that was still in the bottle for any top up it may require over the year.
This was all done at an independent garage that I’ve been using for 25 years.
I only ever use main dealer for my cars first service, from then on I go independent.
I don’t ever plan services on miles, but always on cars age.
For my new EV Soul I’ll stick to the dealership I got it from for servicing, unless I have problems with their level of service, but their service so far has been exemplary. 👍

1 - 6 of 6 Posts