Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Proceed 2 CRDI is due its frst service. What is the ball park figure for the 1st service on the car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Spoonah,

you should be looking at around 250 quid for the first service. think mine was around that figure although it was about 6 months ago and my memory is not what is was....

Stooch

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi all. just booked my 36k service tho only 13k on clock £208 for service not sure if thats good? but getting my MOT for free due to the fact that i brought the car less than 12 months ago, so service and MOT for £208 seems ok .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is the first service any different from the rest of the services?

My garage just got in touch to tell me its due soon... £198 for everything. Apart from the bodywork check (to maintain the bodywork warranty), does the Kia service differ from an in'n'out, kwik fit, guy at the end of the road etc. garage?

I'm planning on keeping my car long enough that it wont make much difference whether it is a Kia or independent service garage.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Before I bought the car I was quoted £140 and £160 for the first service from my closest Kia dealers, guess where I will be going. Both included the body check although some dealers (I am told) charge for it. £140 looks to be pretty good value, less than Ford, loads less than Nissan, be surprised if an independant could do it for much less and you would still have to get a Kia dealer to stamp the body warranty book for which they would almost certainly charge.

Paul

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I'm due a 50k service but I'm going to do it myself, done with paying over the odd prices for a couple of filters - a mechanic friend of mine did my last one and stamped my book up and said that on inspection and cleaning of the brake and caliper assembly - KIA can't of looked at them or freed them as they were in a right state.
They wanted 270 for a bit of oil and an oil and fuel filter, not again!!!!

Anyone know what the 50k service pack consists of?

·
Registered
218 Posts

just had my 3rd service on 2ltr diesel £195 with a free mot which made it good value for an oil & fliter change, some air in the tyres plus the water bottle topped up too!!! never forgetting the infamous sump washer!!!!!

Well toyota used to charge a damm site more for the same job and VW should have worn a mask. all in all i think my Kia garage done a good job for a reasonable fee considering they drove me back to work and picked me up again, also washed the car for me!!! well done FINE CARS of Lee.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts