Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello I have just had my car Kia proceed gt 2015 serviced and the dealer said it was in for a 80,000 mile service as it had been over serviced it only has 60,000 8th service in book . The point is they said they done the oil & Filter,changed brake fluid, pollen filter,fuel filter. Got back home checked the brake fluid and it was only half full pollen filter is dirty and coolant is on min. Lifted the back seat and it don't look as if the filter is changed as the cover is dusty..Not a happy bunny rang main dealer they didn't call me back.
I get the feeling that there are many rogue kia dealerships in the system. Kia’s customer care response is one of sort it with the dealership. Out of the closest dealerships I have done servicing or purchase from you do not get what you expect. My first was the purchase of a little picanto 2. The dealership said they would install reversing sensors as part of the purchase. These turned out to be none kia parts . So much for we must use kia parts. (Harrats Wakefield). No joy from complaing. The second most recent was its 4th year service at 14700 miles expecting a similar cost to that of its second service. Here I got a bill for £370. Two charges for brake fluids. Four replacement spark plugs on a three cylinder engine.( not expected till 100,000 mile). An fuel filter which should only be changed if failing. Twice the expected labour costs. Difficult to prove what they have really done as it has had only 2500miles since last service (perry’ Kia huddersfield). Put a complaint in writing but still no response. Warranties and service promise seem like smoke and mirrors.
After a late reponse the dealership recognised one error in the over charge for tge fourth spark plug, but still did not address why they had chosen to change them in the first place, or that of the lifetime fuel filter. They quoted the super service agreement but at a cost that was £50 higher than that already advertised on the internet for the same dealership.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I think its a case of swings and roundabouts.. was only reading this morning on trust pilot how bad Griffin mill is..there are far more negatives that positives I can tell you..this is a multi franchise business and they get the big thumbs (n) in all of them..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought my 2016 Kia C’eed 1.6 crdi DCT from Perrys in Huddersfield. Because of lockdown they delivered it and I did not have chance to check it before it came. When I looked it over I found that the stop start did not work, the service interval reminder had been turned off, and the engine was overfull with oil so that the level was 7 mm above the full mark on the dipstick. Really bad business plan from Perry’s, because I will never, ever, buy anything from them again as long as I live. On the other hand,
Furrows, Kia main dealer in Shrewsbury has been very helpful in sorting out these issues, but then again it’s a long established family firm with an excellent reputation. I emailed Perry’s for an explanation and was completely ignored and so I would advise anyone thinking of buying a car to avoid Perry’s like the plague! They are a multi franchise dealership, but if their Kia dealership is anything to go by, the others will be just as bad!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sadly, its rife amongst all marques
Pollen filter is often "missed" which is daft as it's often easy to get to in the glovebox area so maybe 3 or 4 screws and a cover plate. Mine was "checked" but in fact wasn't changed or checked as I'd marked it. And amazingly on Kia's it's a check and report item with an opportunity to upsell at inflated dealer prices so they are just reducing their chances of making a bonus sale.
It's why (out of warranty) I service basic stuff myself and stuff requiring a ramp or special tools goes to a trusted indy.

I suppose if you are a glass half full kind of person, Kia must have some faith in their vehicles to know (and they must know by forums like this) that their dealers really aren't doing the job but are still happy to honour a warranty in case of failure because "Mr Kia Dealer" stamped the invoice so it "must have been done"
If you are glass half empty it is of course fraud (taking money for services not supplied).

It makes you wonder how many cars that come off HP / PCP deals (especially with youngsters who haven't a clue how to open a bonnet never mind checking fluids etc) have in fact never been serviced in their life and will be troublesome as they age.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi

Unfortunately, it is nut just dealers who can screw you over. I was informed by a vauxhall dealer I needed new brake disks and callipers, I only used them because they were local but when I the car back to the dealer from ware I purchased the car, low and behold all that was need was a clean. The funny thing was, they were part of the same group although I am sure that they would have to pay for the repares had something to do it. The same car and dealer, the dealer wrote to me saying I needed a cam belt change and to contact them asap as it could fail cost me thousands. Fortunately for me I checked before booking an appointment and when I pointed out to them that my car had a cam chain which should last the life of the engine "It must have been an over sight, they just wanted to look after a customer".
I am quite sure they would have happily booked my car and charged me just the same and I would have been about £400 or more lighter. I have other similar stores about main dealers, I just have to be one step ahead and don't be afraid to question them

All you can do is mark items when are to be replaced, if you can, and ask for ALL REPLACED PART to be left in the car, may be not the oil filter. You may be left to dispose of the items but they are less likely to fleece you.

Regards

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello I have just had my car Kia proceed gt 2015 serviced and the dealer said it was in for a 80,000 mile service as it had been over serviced it only has 60,000 8th service in book . The point is they said they done the oil & Filter,changed brake fluid, pollen filter,fuel filter. Got back home checked the brake fluid and it was only half full pollen filter is dirty and coolant is on min. Lifted the back seat and it don't look as if the filter is changed as the cover is dusty..Not a happy bunny rang main dealer they didn't call me back.
Hello Phil, That is bad news about the service you had. I am in Wales and would be interested to know the name of the 'Main Dealer' that you used for your service.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't want to go off of Bazzabugs original problem but someone mentioned Griffin Mill. I tried to buy their blue Gt a few weeks ago and they were hopeless. I asked for a video to show the condition of it (as it would have to be delivered) and he was shocked that I wanted it and said it would take a few days. Then he just replied and said that there was one on the website (not close up enough to see the condition). It was as if he didn't know that it's the norm for other dealers to send videos. They seemed to still be in the stone age. He didn't seem interested in selling it.
I've mainly bought the German brands and I know that they get a slating sometimes but at least they are keen to sell cars. I found nobody wanted to sell me their kia gt's. It was take it or leave it sort of thing even if they did ring back. No deals to be done either apart from free delivery from Exeter. Everyone else wanted £2 per mile.
I emailed Exeter to tell them that their delivery man has kerbed the alloy (he said he thought he had and I found it when he'd gone) and they haven't even had the good manners to acknowledge my email to them.
It's put me off buying another Kia to be honest as it doesn't look good when they can't even be bothered from the beginning.
Sorry bazzabugs, back to your issue.
I hope you are getting somewhere.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Have been assured, that having the car serviced by a non Kia service garage, using Kia parts that are itemised on the bill does not invalidate the warranty. I am not confident as to the main dealers doing a reliable service as laid out. My experience of Toyota dealer is not that good, but Toyota at Milton Keynes head office are superb They somehow trashed the sat nav on the Toyota whilst upgrading it, the Friday before I was due to go on holiday, on the Monday. Dealer said it would take a week to get a replacement. Phoned T at Milton Keynes, said take the car back, next day,Saturday and a new one would be their to be fitted.
Found the sales pitch strange with the Kia agent, as the price presented to me was not what I was expecting, as several add ons had been added. Went through them & struck off approx 50% of them (Dash Cam £290 for example, queried this as the one I had in my car was 20% of that, but sales man said it was hard wired in. Really??).
But douhbts have been in my mind, as the rear de mister/icer, was not working as it should, then on the MOT this year, had an advisory, that the rear tyres were showing signs of deteriating on the side walls, which never showed up on their MOT last year when I bought the car.
Have to say that I do distrust the glass towers they reside in, would rather deal with trusted people i have used in the past from recommendation.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I think its a case of swings and roundabouts.. was only reading this morning on trust pilot how bad Griffin mill is..there are far more negatives that positives I can tell you..this is a multi franchise business and get the big thumbs (n) in all of them..
My Mk2 Rio needed a full respray after a service from them, because they pretty much put a scratch from front to back on one side and various scratches on the other, then while it was in the paint shop they damaged the screen on the radio, which they denied, that was after they scratched the rear quarter on my picanto when that was in for service.

Needless to say that was the last time I went to Griffin Mill. now I have superb service from Gravels Bridgend, both sales and service.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
My Mk2 Rio needed a full respray after a service from them, because they pretty much put a scratch from front to back on one side and various scratches on the other, then while it was in the paint shop they damaged the screen on the radio, which they denied, that was after they scratched the rear quarter on my picanto when that was in for service.

Needless to say that was the last time I went to Griffin Mill. now I have superb service from Gravels Bridgend, both sales and service.
Not doing very well are they Griffin mill..shocking to hear how you have been treated..:oops:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I rang the kia dealer when I got home after checking. They didn't ring back so I rang later only to be told the service department was closed. I asked them to get the service manager to call me first thing Monday. I also advised them I would contact the Ceo I had to do this before and it got resolved. Just makes me sick that they could be doing this to other people and they don't realise
This goes on a lot, I always do my own servis it,s the only way you know it,s done ,these dealerships for any make of car are the most expensive and the most devious, it,s best to get from them asap the little garage round the corner is a better bet, the dealerships make there money by the selling of new and nearly cars ,service on the garage is crap

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Two charges for brake fluids. Four replacement spark plugs on a three cylinder engine.( not expected till 100,000 mile). An fuel filter which should only be changed if failing.
when this type of overcharging is done, the customer should pay what they believe is correct, then let the dealer claim the rest. it would be difficult for them to claim for work not performed and they most likely wouldn't even try.

·
Registered
2021MY Ceed GT Line S
44 Posts
I get the feeling that there are many rogue kia dealerships in the system. Kia’s customer care response is one of sort it with the dealership. Out of the closest dealerships I have done servicing or purchase from you do not get what you expect. My first was the purchase of a little picanto 2. The dealership said they would install reversing sensors as part of the purchase. These turned out to be none kia parts . So much for we must use kia parts. (Harrats Wakefield). No joy from complaing. The second most recent was its 4th year service at 14700 miles expecting a similar cost to that of its second service. Here I got a bill for £370. Two charges for brake fluids. Four replacement spark plugs on a three cylinder engine.( not expected till 100,000 mile). An fuel filter which should only be changed if failing. Twice the expected labour costs. Difficult to prove what they have really done as it has had only 2500miles since last service (perry’ Kia huddersfield). Put a complaint in writing but still no response. Warranties and service promise seem like smoke and mirrors.
Sorry to pick on your comment specifically but a couple of points from your post:

Kia CS are right in what they've said. Dealer networks are franchisees and licensed to sell products and services. As independent retailers they're liable if you have an issue to raise. Yes, they can offer to look into it but any remedial action is between you and the dealer, not you and Kia.

Not sure what happened with your service costs but. Fuel filter will ALWAYS have a specific change schedule based on both time and/or mileage. Whichever occurs first. Pollen filters are usually the item replaced if failing but these do have check / replace recommendations.

Some dealer invoicing systems will have duplicate lines because of the 'quantity'. For example they may only charge fluid out in a max of 1litre increments. So 1.6l of fluid would show as two charges. Archaeic but true of some dealer management systems.

If you have been over charged though then obviously so raise it with them.

Regards to sensors. Unless the item is part of the factory spec it's am accessory purchase. These sensors (from the accessory catalogue) are approved for use from Kia (unless locally sourced by your dealer) and carry parts warranty only. My point here is, even if the dealer used 'Kia' parts, as accessory parts these are not produced in the manufacturing plant. You can find the applicable sensor on the accessory area and cross reference against the invoice provided by the dealer.

Lastly, I know the team at Harratts quite well. If you do follow up, ask to speak to Amelia and kindly request she just explains the content of your invoice. Just advise you're concerned by what's been done and see if she can explain to you.

Hope this helps 👏

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sorry to pick on your comment specifically but a couple of points from your post:

Kia CS are right in what they've said. Dealer networks are franchisees and licensed to sell products and services. As independent retailers they're liable if you have an issue to raise.
Hmm - but as a franchisee they also represent the brand (in this Kia) and behaviour described on this thread taints the brand.
A customer has a right to expect the correct service and charging for "rate card" listed items like servicing.
It is true that issues should be dealt with by the servicing dealer in the first instance but it shouldn't be an excuse for the brand to "pass the buck" when resolution isn't happening.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Update took my car back on Thursday and spoke to the service manager explained my findings and also gave him a letter from another garage that inspected my car. They didn't deny it and serviced again sent a video showing what had been done. The service manager couldn't apologise enough and said they changed the pollen filter as a goodwill jester. Also if I have any problems in the future contact him direct on his mobile 📱. I also sent him the pictures of my findings. He said the technician will be disciplined.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Update took my car back on Thursday and spoke to the service manager explained my findings and also gave him a letter from another garage that inspected my car. They didn't deny it and serviced again sent a video showing what had been done. The service manager couldn't apologise enough and said they changed the pollen filter as a goodwill jester. Also if I have any problems in the future contact him direct on his mobile 📱. I also sent him the pictures of my findings. He said the technician will be disciplined.
Good result in the end but it shouldn't have happened in the first place.. only ever had one such problem with a dealer and they sacked him.. Guess is he wont be doing that again..

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.