Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer has quoted £663 for the 3 services for year 4,5 and 6 and the 3 mot tests. Sounds good to me, what do you think?
2018 ceed sw crdi 134

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I'd suggest that this query would be better place in the relevant Ceed sub-forum as service pricing differs between models. The mods might switch it if they agree but for what it's worth, it doesn't sound unreasonable to me. I say that on the basis that devices 4 & 6 are major ones and No.5 is an inspection.

How much can you have an MOT test performed for locally? I know, for example, that Kwik-Fit do some very competitive prices according to time of day so if you know you can have tests done for say, £35 each locally, you can then make a judgement on the overall price, if indeed the alternating service schedule is similar to that on my model.

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
Happy to leave here for now, as while pricing is different between range. It might bring up some other pricing or thoughts. (y)

Max MOT price £54.85 Yes, I know very few pay that, but a main dealer is probably one where you might. Thankfully mine offer free MOT for the life of the car as long as you own it & use the garage.
So that leave about £510 for 3 services. Or around £170 each.
How well do you rate your dealer? & do they get good reviews from others?

I guess the main point is what price do you put on a valid (without battles) warranty?
If you intend to keep the car for the next 3 years, then I would go for it. Means you know your costs are paid other than any MOT issues & extra's in servicing (brake pads etc)

You do not mention mileage, which might cloud the issue a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts