Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Service Pricing

9K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  koi7.as 
#1 ·
Hi my 2020 petrol Sportage DCT auto GT Line S is due its first service next month and even though it has covered only 4k this last 12 months I have been quoted £187.

This was a bit of a shock as this is my 3rd Sportage (previous models diesels) and the first service due to low milage was around £70 and the second around £200, they have also told me the 2nd service when due would be £293 at this point in time.

That is a substantial hike in servicing costs I think and they have informed me the reason for the jump on the first service is that it is now an annual milage schedule rather than a high milage interim check.

Just thought I ask if any of you guys were aware of this or if you have just had a service recently what was the cost.

#3 ·
Hi I did try that route as it's what I have done previously but when you get to the part were you choose the dealership you just get a contact a message saying contact them via phone or email as you can't book on line at present

#4 ·
I just tried it with our car & it worked but i do have a service plan with my partners Sportage
1st service cost with my Xceed 1.4T auto was £159 for year 1 or £219 year 2

#9 ·
No I enquired about it at the time and because it was PCP and not a PCH lease they don't offer it and usually there's very little in it until now it would seem but I am surprised the difference in pricing between reasonably local dealerships.

#14 ·
Not sure what your dealer told you about Kia Servicing Plans but I've had both a Niro and a Sportage both on 3 year PCP and was able to take out the Kia 2 year servicing plan on both. No point doing the 3 year plan as I 'traded' both in just before the 3 years were up and exchange the cars for a new model. This was the Kia plan not one issued by the dealer which allow me to use any Kia dealer in the UK to service the car under the plan.

#10 ·
What dealers quote when you contact them directly v/s what gets quoted via the Kia website are two entirely different figures.

I got quoted £299 for year 4 service on the website - when I contacted the dealer to book it in they tried to hike the price to £420.
When I pointed out their "error" they honoured the £299 price and then when I went to pick up the car the bill had magically grown to £393 for "extras" I didn't ask for.

After a big argument in their showroom in front of potential car buyers I eventually got my £299 price but really didn't need that hassle.

#12 ·
My tales of woe regarding Kia servicing are well documented on here but you can be almost certain that the lack of paying full price may well be reflected in the lack of a proper service. For example a brake fluid change is timed at around 30/45 minutes. One dealer even charged me £269 to put the car on the ramp, measure tyre tread depths, send me a short video and push it outside. No fluids changed despite charging me.

#13 ·
I have read your post before and understand ...sadly I have owned many new cars from lots of different manufacturers and maybe I'm just unlucky but have found them all much the same in fact while new car ownership is great the worse aspect of it for me is having to use the main dealers for servicing .
I know technically we don't but to avoid any warranty get out of jail free card 99% of people will use them but personally I wouldn't go anywhere near them for servicing if it wasn't for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.