Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a Picanto GT Line S and was wondering if the service plan for 3 years at £400+ would be worthwhile,
I wondered if anyone had a rough price guide for the first three services, looking at the schedule, their is not much that actually gets replaced, most items are checks only,

thanks in advance

T

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have had service plans back to when I owned my second Sorrento and I realised the two year service was quite expensive! That car, plus my first Venga was covered by an EMAC scheme which was very good because any balance left was refunded when you changed cars. My current Venga came with a three year service plan included in the deal so I didn't have to pay. Since the three year period ended I have been on a dealer scheme which seems reasonable value. The fee does fluctuate each year depending on the size of the next service so as this is the fifth service (today!) I expect the fee to increase for the next year. Obviously you have to pay for MOT's and any parts not covered by warranty.

David

·
Registered
342 Posts
I had a 3 year service plan on my Rio took it out as the 4th service was £300 plus, with the dealer service plan I ended up paying £160 ish, so in a nut shell yes they are defo worth it imo...

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
3,955 Posts
Hi,

I have a Picanto GT Line S and was wondering if the service plan for 3 years at £400+ would be worthwhile,
I wondered if anyone had a rough price guide for the first three services, looking at the schedule, their is not much that actually gets replaced, most items are checks only,

thanks in advance

T
That's a good price. My wife's Picanto has just come out of warranty and it has been serviced through plans for the 7 years. I reckon I have saved around £80 average per year by having and updating the service plans.

Reactions: phil866

·
Banned
54 Posts
Hi,

thanks in advance

T
The service plan does work out a little cheaper than paying the Kia dealership direct for every service, yes nearly all the services for the first 3 years are mainly checks with only with the oil and filter being changed. The 4th service is the what Kia state as being there big expensive service which includes the oil / filters / brake fluid change etc, but this does not include the pollen filter. Kia only change there spark plugs every 100,000 miles on a service so bear this in mind, I always have mine changed every 20,000 miles at a cost of £95 plus vat.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The service plan does work out a little cheaper than paying the Kia dealership direct for every service, yes nearly all the services for the first 3 years are mainly checks with only with the oil and filter being changed. The 4th service is the what Kia state as being there big expensive service which includes the oil / filters / brake fluid change etc, but this does not include the pollen filter. Kia only change there spark plugs every 100,000 miles on a service so bear this in mind, I always have mine changed every 20,000 miles at a cost of £95 plus vat.
Just taken out a new Service Plan for my Xceed and it specifically includes a new Pollen Filter at 2, 4 and 6 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
54 Posts
Just taken out a new Service Plan for my Xceed and it specifically includes a new Pollen Filter at 2, 4 and 6 years.

Just had to pay extra for my pollen filter on my 4th year service (Picanto GT Line S 17 plate) It was flagged as an amber on my 3rd year service. I was informed by Kia that they only change the pollen filters every 6 years on the Picanto. 2,4 and 6 years is really good on the Xceed.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Just had to pay extra for my pollen filter on my 4th year service (Picanto GT Line S 17 plate) It was flagged as an amber on my 3rd year service. I was informed by Kia that they only change the pollen filters every 6 years on the Picanto. 2,4 and 6 years is really good on the Xceed.
It implies that they are included with ALL Kia Service Plans

·
Banned
54 Posts
It implies that they are included with ALL Kia Service Plans

Thanks
I will go back to my Kia dealership over this because they have never replaced the pollen filter and I have a 5 year service plan and I have just paid an extra £15.60 for them to replace my pollen filter that was blocked on my 4th service plan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

thanks in advance

T
Well worth it. I had it with my Picanto for three years. Just bought a New Stonic and had 2 years free with it. After the 2 years I will be taking out a 3 year plan.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.