Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all can anyone advise when I bought my Stinger last year the dealer threw in a service plan, I still have 5 services still on the plan and have been told I cannot transfer them to my new Stinger :mad: but on the email it clearly states transferable to your next vehicle or owner, then looking at the EMaC website it also states if new vehicle is purchased from same dealer or dealership the service contract can be transferred to your new vehicle both say I can't am I missing something ???

·
Super Moderator
2,177 Posts
If you have bought a new vehicle from the same dealer – or the same dealer group – then we will arrange for unused payments to be transferred from your old agreement to a new one. Simply contact your dealership and advise of your change and they will be more than happy to arrange for the transfer of your plan. Or call us with the details of your old and new vehicle and we will happily arrange the transfer for you.
I would contact EMac about it
0330 099 6826
[email protected]

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is on Kia care service plans by EMaC
Cancellations & Transfers

Should you wish to cancel your Kia Care service plan, you have the right to do so within 14 days of purchase, providing you have not made use of it. Kia Care service plans cannot be cancelled/refunded after 14 days from purchase. Kia Care service plans are assigned to the vehicle and not the owner. Therefore the Kia Care service plan is transferable to subsequent owners but cannot be transferred to another vehicle. :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
"the dealer threw in a service plan" "on the email it clearly states transferable to your next vehicle or owner" Breach of Contract? Maybe worth legal advice. Money does not have to exchange hands. The deal was between you and the Dealer, not you and KIA.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Emac administer the Kia service plans. They also administer dealer service plans. The former are not transferable between vehicles whilst the latter often are (I have had them in the past for Vauxhalls via a large dealer group). Which kind of plan do you have? That may be the key to the answer.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have phoned EMaC was told cannot transfer told them I had it in writing straight away passed me to a supervisor and the whole conversation changed starting with a apology saying I should not have received that paperwork! and I pointed out if it was not transferable I would not have taken it out so in fact I was miss sold it. I've now got a email address to send my paperwork etc also informed my dealer and he is taken my case to Kia here's hoping (y)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
This is on Kia care service plans by EMaC
Cancellations & Transfers

Should you wish to cancel your Kia Care service plan, you have the right to do so within 14 days of purchase, providing you have not made use of it. Kia Care service plans cannot be cancelled/refunded after 14 days from purchase. Kia Care service plans are assigned to the vehicle and not the owner. Therefore the Kia Care service plan is transferable to subsequent owners but cannot be transferred to another vehicle. :mad: :mad:
Hi ODONO

As far as we can see, the above has always been consistent and we've never stated that plans can be transferred to another vehicle. Did your email originate from the dealer or EMaC? As the plan stays with the vehicle, it adds value so would be reflected in the valuation when you trade it in. We're sorry we can't overturn the policy and transfer it to the new car.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit Discover Our Kia Range & Find A Local Dealer | Kia Motors UK
Follow https://twitter.com/KiaUK
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Watch www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Customer Service opening hours:

Monday to Friday: 08:30 - 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 13:00
Sunday: Closed

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi ODONO

As far as we can see, the above has always been consistent and we've never stated that plans can be transferred to another vehicle. Did your email originate from the dealer or EMaC? As the plan stays with the vehicle, it adds value so would be reflected in the valuation when you trade it in. We're sorry we can't overturn the policy and transfer it to the new car.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit Discover Our Kia Range & Find A Local Dealer | Kia Motors UK
Follow https://twitter.com/KiaUK
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Watch www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Customer Service opening hours:

Monday to Friday: 08:30 - 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 13:00
Sunday: Closed
I've got it in writing as plain as day, which I have sent to EMaC I bought the plan knowing I would be changing car in near future I'm not sure who sent me the contract but if its not sorted I will be taking legel action.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I've got it in writing as plain as day, which I have sent to EMaC I bought the plan knowing I would be changing car in near future I'm not sure who sent me the contract but if its not sorted I will be taking legel action.
Do you know who to sue? I ask because, on the basis of the information you have posted, it looks rather like a case of mis-selling and I doubt very much whether EMaC would have done so.

That leaves the KIA dealership unless there was another independent party involved. This appears to hinge upon the terms of the letter you have which must have emanated from a real person with a name or, at least, from an office with an address. Should the need arise for legal action, I'd hope the small claims court would deal with the matter as I have bitter memories of a full-blown lawsuit which took 7 years before I won my case in the High Court against a firm of surveyors.

My only difficulty with your position in this matter is the fact that if any disinterested party were to consider the facts, the glaring question that immediately arises is, 'Why did you buy a pre-paid service package when you knew you would be changing car in the near future?'

That, though, is simply your choice and is irrelevant as the essence of your complaint is that which you have outlined previously. In that, I wish you a happy outcome and I look forward to reading who told lies in the matter!

Good luck.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have always found EMaC a very good organisation to deal with. Transparent systems and always timeous delivery of documents. Don't think I could say the same for all dealers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts