Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys taken out a service plan? Mine is £15.99 a month for 3 years servicing. Kx3 1.7D

·
Registered
17 Posts
On picking car up today dealer quoted £762 for 3 years (approx £24 a month) on 1.7 3 sat nav.. I thought it sounded expensive. Anyone know typical 1st service price at Kia dealer?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Got my service plan from my dealer when I picked up my FE 2.0 diesel in september 2010 for £545 including 3rd year mot

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just got my quote as well

£554 for a 36 month plan or £342 for a 24 month plan

Am I right in thinking that a 24 month plan includes 2 services and the other one 3?

Dealer also mentioned labour rates freeze at current rate.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks

1.6 GDI II

So it works kind of cheaper then, I read somewhere that servicing would be in the region of £300 per year

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow I was quoted £900 for a 3 year plan Car type below - haven't taken it up - sounds expensive compared to the rest

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's worth trying to find what it covers,

I'd like to know why the dealer has mention labour rates when these should be included. Or is thsi for consumables?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mine covers the cost of 3 full services. They told me the price is fixed and discount as I bought a new car.

·
Registered
662 Posts
90% of KIA dealers do some kind of service plan the costs do varies because some handle it in house some farm the plan out and then get charged handling fee's other difference is some you can pay monthly and some are a one off payment

my advice is to stay away from the one off payment types once you have paid that lump sum you do not get any of it back so if you write off your car in the first year you may have paid for three services that you never took. when you sign up ask if you sold the car would you get back the monies you have paid in in full get this in a contract form

if the plans good then it will fix the three years servicing at todays cost without a percentage year on year increase you should be paying monthly the money youpay in should be held in a separate account (in case the company folds) you should be able to stop the plan and recover any money in full with 1 months notice and no fees are attached you should be given a full contract witheach service detailed in full with parts and labour breakdown and a written guarantee that the prices are fixed for theterm (we fixed ours throughout the VAT changes) and ask if the plan is managed in house or sublet out its allways easier to deal with people face to face than through a call center if you should want your money back

for a new sportage 1.7 the monthly payment should be approx£18 per month depending on the dealers labour rate

hope this is help full service plans are a great idea and if you get the right on they will save you money

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great post Viking. Totally agree with what you said. I checked before hand what happens if circumstances change and was told I can cancel my monthly payment at anytime and I will be paid back money paid thus far.

·
Registered
27 Posts
New to the Forum and picked up my 3 moth old ex demo - love the car.

Been offered 3 yr fixed plan.
.Interest free instalment options, £88.06 deposit, then 20 monthly payments of £23.00 by standing order. total £548.06

Or

. Payment in full would entitle you to an additional discount which would bring thetotal to £499.00 and this would also entitle you to your first MOT at half price.

These prices are then fixed, giving you peace of mind that when there is a parts or labour increase, this will not affect you

Your thoughts !!!<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
15 Posts
Seems like a good deal to me, I've just paid for first service on 1st Ed - £225, the next service at 2 years is slightly more expensive than this, so it looks like avery good value to me

1 - 20 of 34 Posts