Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just taken delivery of a newCeed 3CRDi SW. The salesman has offered us a service plan which although it appears to be a good idea to spread the cost monthlyand freeze the service cost for the next 5 years it does appear to be at a premium compared to the current service prices.

Any views or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

·
Registered
662 Posts
service plans are great my customers love them we simply add the current cost of the number of years required together and devide that by the number of years

cost for new ceed sw on 20k service intervals should be £20 per month

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply but after a phone call this morning I am more confused.

The dealer I bought the car from offered me a 5 year plan (keep cars minimum 5 years) for £21.?? per month which appeared to be expensive (total about £1320)considering the quote for the first 5 services (todays cost) is about £1100, I expected to get it cheaper since I am committing myself to that garage.

Contacted another local Kia dealer whose Ford branches I have used since the 1990's. He has quoted the first 5 services at £920ora service plan at £828which averages out at £13.80 per month for 5 years.

There appears to be no difference between the benefits other than the supplying dealer is about 20 miles nearer but the other dealersaid a free courtesy car is included in the deal.

What catches should I be looking for.

Thanks.

Paul

·
Registered
662 Posts
on the info above our pricer comes up with £1232.11 for first 5 services £20.53 per month
make sure you get a written quote and relevent paperwork for all 5 years also make sure they have quoted you correctley for a sw on 20k intervals and noton a earlier ceed on 12.500 intervals they should ask for your chassis numnber to be able to quote correctley

lastly make sure they are quoteing and useing the correct grade of oil ceed diesels use a specific engine oil and its expensive i have seen incorrect grades used and this allows them to quote a much cheaper price

make sure they are going to absorbe the vat rise in the new year

lastly make sure you are free to walkaway from the contract at any time and get a refund of any money paid this way if you have a bad experience in the next 5 years you are not tied to that company

1 - 4 of 4 Posts